LAND WITHOUT MAGIC

October 24th, 2011, 8:15 A.M.. Phuket
August was in bed with a girl, sound asleep. He suddenly woke up as if in pain, sat up and saw his leg turning into wood. He turned around.
August spoke in Thai. "Wake up. Wake up!"

Isra looked at the clock, then reluctantly at him. "It's only 8:15, go back to bed..."

August pointed at his leg. "Look at this. Right here. Isra, wake up! Help me!"

Isra got up halfway and looked at him. "August, it's early. I'm sleeping."

August reached out and touched his knee. "Look, don't you see it?"

Isra looked up. "I see your leg! Now please, be quiet..."

"I need to go to a hospital..."

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

August spoke in English. "I'm turning into wood."

BLANCHARD LOFT - PRESENT

David brought a tray for Mary Margaret.

Emma frowned. "Breakfast in bed? Seriously?"

"What happened has been really hard on Mary Margaret. The least we can do is make sure she's eating," David reasoned.

"I think it's time to give the hot cocoa and the foot massages a rest. It's time to haul her ass out of bed and get her to move past this."

"That's a little harsh, don't you think? She took Cora's life."

Henry paced down the stairs and asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, kid," Emma replied. "Get your coat, we're gonna be late."

"Bye, Gramps." Henry left.

"I know you think that she needs our help. But at the end of the day, she's the only one who can help herself." Emma left and Mary Margaret popped up from behind the island in the kitchen.

"Good morning," Mary Margret said.

"Hey. Morning. I made you some eggs. But if you're craving something else, we can go to Granny's," David replied. "Unless you have other plans?"

"I thought I'd head out to the woods, actually. I need to think things through."

"Let me come with you."

"David, I need to do this alone. And you have things to do. I know you've been looking forward to working in the bean fields."

"Yeah. Yeah, Anton says we might have a crop soon. And once we do, we can go home. And none of what happened will matter. It will all be in the past."

"I used Regina to kill her own mother. I don't think going back will erase that."

"Mary Margaret..."

"Please. Give me time."

GRANNY'S BED AND BREAKFAST

Henry and Emma entered and Neal and Jackie were waiting for them. Henry showed Neal his storybook.

"Hey, buddy. How are you?" Neal asked.

"I'm good," Henry said. "I brought this. I thought you could tell me what it was really like over there."

"Sounds great. I tell you what, why don't you run into the diner, get us four hot cocoas and we'll dive in." Henry left.

"I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that. I need to get down to the station to take care of some things," Emma told him.