04

[New character pic below!]

REAL WORLD - PRESENT

Mr. Gold and Belle were in Mr. Gold's pawn shop. He took out a small box and opened it, revealing a necklace.

"It's, uh... it's very beautiful," Belle said. "So, what's the occasion?"

He took the necklace out of the box and went to put it around her neck. "The occasion is us. We haven't really gotten out much since Storybrooke awakened. So, I thought we should see it together." He finished clasping the necklace. "Wow..."

"Thank you." The two hugged.

"Don't get your hopes up. The nightlife is extremely limited."

"No. That's not what I meant. Thank you for... For what you're doing. For how you're changing."

The front bell ringed as Leroy entered.

"Okay, Stilinskin, I want my axe," Leroy said.

"I'm sorry, but we're closed," Mr. Gold told him.

"It's mine. Give it to me."

"And yet, still closed."

"Just 'cause you possess something, don't mean it's yours. Nothing in this shop belongs to you." He turned to Belle. "And you? How can you be with such a monster? Or maybe, you're just another possession, too."

"How dare you?" He grabbed Leroy by the neck and pinned him against the wall. "You want your axe? Fine!" He began strangling him.

"Rumpelstiltskin!" Belle called.

"You can have it... Buried in your chest!"

"Stop! Stop! This isn't you anymore!"

Mr. Gold turned into Rumpelstiltskin. "Oh, it's me, dearie. Always has been, always will be."

Belle woke from her nightmare to find herself in one of Mr. Gold's rooms. She got out of bed and went downstairs, discovering that it was night. She went outside and lurked around one of the basement windows. Inside, Belle saw Mr. Gold spinning straw into gold at the wheel. He cut off a segment of the gold and put it into a vital, causing a magical reaction.

FAIRY TALE WORLD - PAST

A human Rumpelstiltskin arrived home with a basket of wool. He called for his family.

"Milah?" Rumpelstiltskin called. "Bae? I'm home. Hey..." A young Baelfire was sitting at the table, alone.

"Papa?" Baelfire said.

"Where's mum? ...Well, she probably just... lost track of time. Grab your cloak. We'll find her."

---

Rumpelstiltskin entered a tavern, and found Milah gambling and throwing back shots with a group of men. He approached the table.

"Milah," Rumpelstiltskin said. "Milah. It's time to go."

"Good. So, go," Milah told him.

"Who's this?" Hook asked as Matthew Sparrow tilted his head with a curious expression.

"Ah, that's no one. It's just my husband."

"Oh? Well, he's a tad taller than you described."

"Please," Rumpelstiltskin begged. "You have responsibilities."

"You mean like, being a man and fighting in the Ogre Wars?" Milah shot back. "Other wives became honored widows, while I became lashed to the village coward. I need a break. Run home, Rumple. It's what you're good at."