STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

August installed a deadbolt on the front door as Emma and Mary Margaret watched.

"No one... Is getting through that," August said.

"Wow. When are you installing the torture chamber?" Emma questioned.

"You don't like it? I call it Medieval Chic."

Mary Margaret shrugged. "I don't care what it looks like, as long as it keeps Regina and her skeleton keys out."

"This is pretty handy for a writer," Emma noted. "Where'd you learn how to do it?"

"Wood shop. Eighth grade," August replied.

"Oh, speaking of school, have to get going," Mary Margaret said.

Emma turned to her. "Um, are you sure you're ready to go back?"

"After a stint behind bars, how tough can a room full of fourth graders be? Besides, aren't you the one we need to be worried about?"

"Me? Why?"

"Well... You did threaten to take Henry away from Regina," August reminded her.

"Oh, that wasn't a threat. I'm hiring Mr. Gold to help build a case against her. She tried to frame you for murder."

"But, you do know what happens if you win?" Mary Margaret asked.

Emma nodded. "Yeah."

"And you're ready? To be his mom?"

"Yeah."

Henry's voice came through the walkie talkie.

"Code red. Code red."

Emma picked it up and responded. "Hey, Henry. What's going on?"

Henry replied, "Meet me and Jackie at Granny's. It's an Operation Cobra emergency."

"I'm on my way."

Emma left and began walking down the main street towards Granny's Diner.

August followed her. "Emma, wait up."

Emma glanced at him. "You heard the kid -- Operation Cobra calls."

"I didn't think you believed any of that."

"Oh, I don't. But, sometimes, it's the only way to get through to Henry."

"You know, a custody battle against isn't going to accomplish anything. You need to look at the bigger picture. That's the only way you're going to understand what you're up against. That's the only way you'll know how to beat Regina."

"Okay, new guy. How's that?"

"Take the day off. Come with me, and I'll show you."

"And where exactly would we be going on this magical mystery tour?"

"If I told you, you would never come."

Emma walked on ahead.

"Oh, come on," August said. "Take a leap of faith. You come with me, and I promise you -- you'll find exactly what you're looking for."

Emma pursed her lips. "My kid needs me. I don't have time for faith."

---

Henry and Jackie were sitting at a booth in the diner. He had a cup of hot chocolate, they both had a plate of food, and his book on the table. Emma sat next to Henry.

"Hey," Emma greeted. "What's the emergency?"

"Shh!" Henry said. "This is sensitive."

"If it's sensitive, why are we at Granny's, out in the open?"