STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Regina was in her office, fiddling with a ring. She held it to her lips when Mr. Gold entered.

"Remembrance of things past?" Mr. Gold questioned.

"What do you want?" Regina asked.

"I need a favor."

"You need a favor from me?"

ONE WEEK AGO

"Well, as you know, there are battery charges against me... pending. I really don't relish the thought of spending any more time locked up in a cage. Now, someone with your influence can make the D.A. suddenly realize what a flimsy case they have. Isn't that right... Your Majesty?"

"What do I get out of it?"

"Help with your Mary Margaret problem. You see, I've noticed that no matter how hard you seem to try to stop them, she and her 'charming' friend just keep finding ways to be together."

"What are you suggesting?"

"If you want to inflict pain... Then you must inflict pain. If something tragic were to happen to David's wife, and if Mary Margaret should take the blame-"

"She'd be ruined."

"And you'd have your victory, at last."

"A trial could be very messy."

"A trial? Who said anything about a trial? Now, once Miss Blanchard has been incarcerated, you can plant one of your lovely skeleton keys in her cell. And, once she tries to leave Storybrooke, well... We all know what happens to people who attempt to leave town."

"Give me one good reason why I should trust you."

"Because I always honor my agreements. Do we have a deal?"

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

A younger version of the Evil Queen was practicing horseback riding as Henry I watched. She jumped over several barricades, and came to a stop near her father. She got off and hugged him.

Henry I said, "That's beautiful, sweetheart.

"Thank you, Daddy," the Evil Queen replied.

Cora approached them, while Daniel, who was holding a saddle, trailed behind her and said, "Beautiful? I'd hardly call that beautiful."

"You didn't like it, Mother?"

"You ride like a man. A lady should be graceful. You should use a saddle."

"I was just having fun."

"Well, you're getting a little old for fun. Who's going to want to marry you when you behave like a commoner?"

LHoney, please leave her alone, " Henry I said.

"Stop coddling her. She's becoming an old maid. All the other girls her age are married. I had such high hopes."

"Milady, perhaps this saddle-" Daniel was cut off.

"I'm done riding for the day," the Evil Queen decided. "And don't ever interrupt me and my mother again." The Evil Queen handed over her horse to Daniel, who led the horse away. "Why do you always have to criticize me?"

"I'm not criticizing you – I'm helping you," Cora told her as the Evil Queen wentto leave. "Don't you walk away from me." Cora used her magic to lift the Evil Queen off of the ground and bring her closer.