09

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Hook and Jackie, wearing cloaks to disguise themselves, walked up the stairs leading to a tower in the Evil Queen's castle. Along the way, they encountered a guard on the stairs who said, "Halt."

"Food for the prisoner," Hook told him.

"It's not mealtime. Who are you? Identify yourself, slaves!"

Hook and Jackie easily defeated the guard in a fight before saying, "Slaves? She and I prefer Captain." He took the keys from the dead guard and they continued their way upwards. At the top, they entered a room, where Belle was being held captive.

"Hi... You must be Belle," Jackie said.

"The Queen sent you two, didn't she?" Belle guessed. "She wants you both to kill me."

Hook shook his head. "We're not here to kill you, love."

"We're here to rescue you," Jackie told her as Hook began to unlock her shackles.

"Rescue me?" Belle said. "Who are you? I know her; she's a pirate."

"A friend," Hook answered. "We haven't much time. Your father's life is in danger. He's being attacked by the very same monster who stole you away from your family in the first place."

"What, Rumpelstiltskin?"

"The Dark One – he must be stopped. You spent more time with him than anyone. There are rumours of a magical weapon that has the power to kill him."

"No, no, no, no. Let... Let me talk to him. He's not a monster."

"Belle, your father's life hangs in the balance. My fellow Captain and I need to know what that weapon is, and where to find it."

"I don't know what you're talking about, and I have no idea how to... How to kill Rumpelstiltskin."

"You don't?"

"No. And... And nor would I."

"Hm. Then, I'm afraid I'm not here to rescue you." He backhanded Belle, rendering her unconscious. "So pretty... Yet, so useless." Hook and Jackie raised their arms, preparing to kill her with his hook and her sword, but were stopped by the Evil Queen.

She entered the room and magically removed his hook and Jackie's sword before saying, "No. Not useless. She's a valuable chess piece."

"Do Captain Sparrow and I look like we're playing a game of chess? My hook, if you please."

"My sword, if you will," Jackie added in a threatening tone.

"No," the Evil Queen said.

"The asking was me being a gentleman and her being a lady," Hook told the Evil Queen.

"Is that any way to address a queen? Even pirates should have better manners than that. Yes... I know who you two are... Captains. I know why you two came here from Neverland. And I know all about the crocodile you both wish to skin. I also know that despite her hatred for you, that is the single common goal the two of you share."

Jackie scoffed. "I don't wish to kill Rumpelstiltskin. He didn't kill my brother. Captain Hook on the other hand, well vengeance is fresh on his mind. I'm merely assisting despite my utter hatred of one-handed Captain."

"Then you also know, that Captain Sparrow and I'll stop at nothing," Hook said.

"So dedicated and resourceful," the Evil Queen complimented. "No one has been able to fight their way past my defenses before. She can't help you kill Rumpelstiltskin, Hook. But I can, if you do something for me. Care to join me for a drink? You're welcome to join us, Captain Sparrow."