Part 4: Past

You were laying on your bed and Kokomi was snoring loudly you couldn't hear your thoughts. You sighed and grabbed a sweater.

'I just need to clear my head...'

You put on the sweater and grabbed your phone. You walked all the way up to the roof. You opened the door and a nice cool breeze hit your face. You saw the night sky, it has stars but not that starry. You breathed in the air and smelled smoke. You looked to the side and saw smoke going upwards.

'Of course...'

You walked over and leaned to the side.

'Su-na, What are you smoking alone?'

He jolted thinking that you were someone else.

'Shit, I thought you were coach'

'Nope just your friend, Y/n'

You said as your smile quickly went away. Suna noticed and got your attention.

'Oi, Want one?'

He said handing you one out of the pack and the lighter. You sighed and took it from his hand. You covered it and lit it up. Now, you and Suna were just siting their smoking and having a laid back conversation.

'So what's keeping you up?'

'Eh just my thought about my family'

'Because of what Tsumu said?'

'Yeah...'

"Suna! If you like Y/n then just get to know her better before I take her from ya"

'I hate you so much Atsumu...'

'Okay but tell me the whole story bout your family and not just the few pieces I've always heard'

'Well if you want the whole story then it's gonna take all night'

'Well good thing I have all night to listen'

You silently laughed at his comment and proceed to take a slow drag on your cigarette.

'Well it all started when I saw in grade 4, my mom started to argue a lot more then usual with my dad. She was saying that I was being a waste of space and how I wouldn't do anything she told me. My dad stood up for me and never let me feel out of place. For the next 2 years she made me pick up after her messes, after every time she smoked, drank, everything. Then when grade 6th came she had one more huge argument with my dad and I heard every word. She called me "A waste of space", "Useless", and "That she'll never amount to much". My mom and dad agreed that they should get a divorce....'

You took another drag on your cigarette, put your back towards Suna, and rested your head on his shoulder.

'Then middle school came and my dad started to date again...I was cool with it, but then in grade 8 he told me that he was marrying the lady'

'Hol' up...So he was with her the whole time you were in grade 7 and then told you he was gonna marry her when you were in 8th?'

'Yeah...I didn't go the wedding, in fact I just went out and did a ton of random shit. Then I snuck back in and realized that my dad didn't even notice I was gone. Then came my 1st year at Raionku  High and one day my step mom yelled at me "Your a worthless piece of garbage you can't do anything right"...'

You said mocking her tone of voice. Suna laughed accidently and you joined in. The laughing lasted a while. You laughed and gripped your stomach. Since you were leaning against Suna, once you moved your head fell onto Suna's lap.

'Heh, sorry-'

'Stay'

'What?'

'It's fine, stay there'

'Okay...?'

You got comfortable and Suna told you to continue. You continued from where you left off.

'Okay, so then basically my step-mom told my dad that "I was ruining their relationship " and at the same time I had just ruined another relationship, my own...I ruined a relationship because I didn't spend enough time with him and took him for granted...and so I haven't been in a serious relationship after that...I mean, I have dated after that but not anythin' long term or serious'

'One hell of a past ya got there'

'Thanks'

'How many people have you told?'

'Well there's you, my coach, and Kokomi that's it'

'So me and 2 other people?'

'Yeah, Im don't like people knowing that much about me...So I guess you're even more special to me now'

You said and smiled, Suna blushed a bit. He was lucky it was dark, if not you would've noticed. The night went on and at one point you both fell asleep there.

---

'Where did our idiot captain go??'

'Kokomi do you know where she went? Kokomi!'

'KOKOMI STOP SIMPING AND PAY ATTENTION TO US!'

'Huh?? Oh uhm is there somewhere she can clear her head?'

'Well there's the roof and the arcade a few blocks from-'

'Roof'

'How'd you know that she went the roof and not the arcade?'

'If Y/n was go to somewhere then it wouldn't be far from here, she's lazy, remember?'

'Okay! To the roof!'

'Hey! If she's up their she doesn't want everyone yelling at her that why didn't she tell us and shit, I'ma go okay?'

They girls all mumbled an "Okay" and Kokomi went up the stairs to the roof.

'Besides she's probably smoking...and since I'm the only one of the few who knows about it...'

She got to the top and opened the door she didn't see you at first but then she saw your foot and ash of your cigarette. She sighed and turned to the and saw another figure there. She spooked and stood there dumbfounded for a second.

'....Pffft-'

She took out her phone and started taking pictures. Once she finished she started to wake you both up.

'OI! Y/N! WAKE UP! We have practice!'

'Nnn...5 more minutes...'

'Wake up! SUNA! YOU TOO!'

---

'All right today's practice match will be against...'

You were on the bench waiting with the rest of your team. You were sitting there zoned out.

'Y/n'

A voiced snapped you out and looked up to see coach.

'Yes ma'am?'