Part 43: Times Flies

[ The last few chapters are gonna be short ]

The last days of your time as a second year passed quickly. The summer went even quicker, with Suna, Kokomi, and the boys from the other schools. Your third year friends went to college and you were there in your last year, trying to pick a college to go to.

'Y/n, have you decided on a college?'

'Nope~'

'Do you want me to call my friend to see if they have a spot for you?'

'Sure'

You left and she immediately went for the phone to call her friend. The phone rang and rang until he had picked up his phone.

'Hey there~'

'I'm busy--'

'Fine, I'll keep this short, can you keep like 2 spots open? For my niece and her boyfriend if they decide to apply there'

'And what do I get in return of being oh so generous to one of our alumni?'

'I won't show your co-workers those photos of you when you were--'

'FINE, alright-- I'll keep some spots open just shush, no one need to know about that pool incident..'

'Good job, anyway bye~'

She said in a sing song voice while hanging up. Now you were at school, you were looking through the new second years and saw that the setter that you always picked on had gotten better. The players had gotten better but they were lacking something. You and coach groaned loudly at the same time, this caught the attention of everyone.

'You thinking what I'm thinking?'

'If it's that the players are lacking something then yeh, guess we are'

You mumbled so only the coach can hear, she nodded. She called everyone up and you and her both sighed. 

'Okay how can i say--'

'You guys are shit but your better shit than before, your also missing something'

The new ones looked at you stunned that the coach didn't stop you but agreed. The new second years took it as a compliment while your friends laughed.

'Look, you guys are getting better, you've trained and trained but your missing something...'

'Spirit! Wait spirit or team spirit, well you guys also barely talk, you need to learn how to communicate, like I can say anything about that but! You lack spirit and enthusiasm, hype each other up once and a while'

The members and the coach watched your whole thought process. Your friends got up with smiles, grins and laughter. They all hugged each other at the waist or around the shoulder.

'Yeah, if you don't actually learn about your teammate and..'

Kokomi said and you continued.

'You don't figure out their favorite way to spike..'

'Or if don't figure out how they block then..'

Mei said, Suzuki continued.

'You'll probably end up messing up and..'

Akamai continued.

'And the libero will have missed their shot to..'

Yasu smiled with a creased eyebrows.

'Give it the setter with precision and end up losing a point'

Then the coach hugged all of you guys tightly with a smile.

'And know that these ones are talking from experience..'

She looked at the lot and they all still smiled, genuine smiles.

'..And since they don't like doing those laps they adjusted, and worked together.. So now get up and bow'

The first years stayed standing while the second years bowed to you guys. You also bowed an the rest followed. And in unison you all yelled.

 'THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING'