Part 41: Mother

[Full on cries in school just the other day-]

'Y/n! Breakfast! And you better eat! I need to talk to you about something too'

You texted her "Ok" and continued putting on your outfit. You came downstairs and sat down at the counter.

'So what I'm gonna say, you're not gonna like it...'

'Just rip off the band-aid'

'Fine, Your mother wants to see you'

'No. Absolutely not'

'Y/n please she's trying'

'And why didn't she try with me?'

'Please Y/n just hear her, she wants to bring her other kids. so they know their sister'

'Half - sister'

'Please  Y/n how about you meet her kids at least and if you can then..have a conversation with your mother'

You thought about it and eventually said yes.

'Thanks you Y/n--'

'On one condition,  I get to bring two people with me'

'Who?'

'Suna and Kokomi, they've been with me for a while so that's the only way I'm going'

You stated and you weren't taking no for an answer if you were going to go.

'Fine, you can bring them'

---

You texted Kokomi and Suna that you were taking them while you were going to meet your mother and both were confused but accepted it. Your aunt picked them up and went over to your mother's house. You were sitting in between both of them and Kokomi gave you verbal affirmations while Suna gave you hugs and forehead kisses. They both tried to keep you calm until you guys arrived. 

Once you did arrive you tried to keep a calm face. Your breaths were shaky and you kept cracking your knuckles, even if they were already cracked. Kokomi came out of nowhere and jumped on your back. Suna grabbed you hand and your aunt knocked on the door. 

'Now or never right? You do wanna see if she has changed?'

Kokomi stated and Suna pushed Kokomi off you to wrap his arm around your shoulder. Your aunt waited at the door and then it opened. Yet it wasn't your mother it was a kid. They had dark hair and light brown eyes. Another kid ran to the door. The third one you only heard shout.

'Get away from the door!'

'But it's our aunt with some people!'

The boy shouted. You walked to the door and grabbed your aunt.

'They're a bit older than I thought'

'Yeah but they're all younger than you so...'

'How old are they?'

'Ask them yourself'

'Fine...'

You went to the doorstep and they let you inside.

'So you're Y/n, I've heard so much about you, like how you like volleyball and you know how to skateboard and who are the two people behind you? Also--'

'Let her take a breath'

The girl said putting her hand on his shoulder

'Sorry, I'm Yuto, and this is my sister Kana, and the one with glasses is called Akina'

'You already know my name and these two are Suna and Kokomi, also how old are you guys?'

'I'm 14, He's 9--'

'I'm 11 Kana'

He corrected and kicked her, she kicked back but continued.

'And Kina is 15'

'Wow so we're all close in age, Akina is one year younger than me, your 2, and he's 4'

Okay but is it all true that you play volleyball and know how to skateboard and your team went to nationals? '

'Yeah, I can teach you how to play your skate if you like, I also know how to roller-skate just haven't done it in a while'

'And what about you two? Do you guys know how to play volleyball and skate?'

'Uhm yeah we both play volleyball, I'm on the same team as Y/n and Suna here is Y/n's boyfriend'

While you guys were talking your aunt, mother, and her husband were all in the kitchen. They were taking on how to get Y/n was getting along with the kids. Your aunt called you over, Suna walked over with you whilst Kokomi played with the others. While the husband went to give then kids freshly baked cookies. Your mother was nowhere to be seen.

'Y/n your mom wants to talk to you... are you willing?'

You looked at Suna and he shrugged and tightened his grip on your hand. You sighed and agreed to see her. Your aunt led you out to the yard and Suna was still there with you. You stopped right before going out.

'Suna, I'm gonna be fine, you can stay inside'

'You sure?'

He said in a worried tone that melted your heart a bit. You reassured him that you'd be fine and he left back to the living room. You went to open the door but hesitated. You took a second to gather all the memories you had of your mother and  pretended like they didn't exist for a second while walking out the door. Your mother was there and she turned and smiled towards you.

---

'I hope you can forgive me for everything I've done to you, I really am trying to get better, I've been sober for 4 years now and I've---'

She kept listing and listing thing and you stopped her by out of no where giving her a small hug. it wasn't one of those bear hugs, it was just a simple hug. It was an apology hug. Your mother was shocked but wrapped her arms around you.

'I'm willing to see how you've changed by your actions...'

Your mother smiled and on the inside she was cheering loudly. She was about to cry. So she let you go and wiped away her tears before suggesting to go back inside. Once you went back inside you went back to the living room and she went to the kitchen. Suna scooched over and Kokomi fell from the couch. You all laughed at her action but she ended up  sitting next to Akina.

Once it was time to leave you said your goodbyes to everyone and went back in the car. You laid down on Suna and Kokomi asked how it went for you.

'So~ how'd it go? Are we going to come back? Because they were all really nice and I for one, would love to come back'

'It went better than I thought it was going to be, we can come back, for now...I'ma sleep..'

You said as you got comfortable one Suna and laid still. Once you got back home Suna laid you down and got something to eat for himself.