Part 5: Benched

'Are you okay?'

'Yes coach I can play, I'll be fine'

'Are you sure your fine?'

'Yes ma'am'

'Okay then, KOKOMI!'

Kokomi ran over and the coach made you both fill the water bottles. The whole time you had a discussion and when you got back, Kokomi shook her head looking at coach.

'Y/N! take a seat'

'What? why?'

'Your not playing today, sit'

'Why am I benched?? I'm perfectly fine'

'Do you want to make it tomorrow too?'

You grunted in annoyance and sat down on the bench.

'Okay! First year, your in as setter'

'Okay coach!'

'Tch...'

You sat there as your leg bounced up and down. You watched the game closely as you settled down and saw the other people staring at you. You had made eye-contact with Suna and both of you quickly looked away. You rested your elbows on your knees and your head in your hands. Your team won but it was close, 26 - 24, was the score. You sighed as you realized that the 1st year isn't all that good. The team sat down around the coach and you just laid down on the bench. Tendou tip-toed over and put a note next to you and tapped your shoulder.

'Hmm?'

You turned your head and saw Tendou skipping off like a child. You rolled your eye and opened the note. 

"DORM PARTY
Heyoo we gonna have a dorm party, mostly everyone gonna be there, wanna come???
It's gonna be today and tomorrow at 10pm to whenever u wanna leave 
Mostly everyone from every team gonna come but idk if there gonna show up, come in u want
ヾ( ̄▽ ̄) Bye~Bye~
- Chicken Tenders"

You rolled your eyes and put the note away and just laid back down. The coach walked over and you sat up and hid the note.

'Y/n'

'Yes coach?'

'Do you know why I benched you?'

'Because you think my brain isn't gonna let me focus?'

'No, because I know about your little thing on the roof...'

You tightened your hand into a fist and let out a deep breath.

'Let me guess, Kokomi told you?'

'Yes, and as you know I want my players, my team at 100 percent when they play'

'Yes ma'am'

'Now, if your better tomorrow then I'll let you back on the court, if not then we'll use our first years'

'The new setter is shitty'

'Well if you don't like her style then gives her tips and teach her how to become better'

You laughed and looked at your coach, with a arched eyebrow and a smirk.

'Your just to lazy to teach her yourself, aren't ya coach?'

'I will neither deny or agree to that'

'Okay I got my answer...'

She sighed and walked away. You watched around and felt a pair of eyes following your every movement. You were about to look in the directions you felt the staring but someone got in your way. 

'Hey there chibi'

'Kuroo, what the hell are you doing?'

'What am I doing? I'm bothering you?'

'Damn right, now leave, as you can see I'm benched and I'm not in the mood for your games...'

'Aww c'mon if you wanna get off the bench then come cheerlead for us!'

He said and held up a cheerleader uniform, with the words "Nekoma" written on it ,he had a tiny bit of blush and a smile. You glared at him but quickly let out a deep breath.

'Why would I wear something that means "kitten"?'

He looked at you a bit confused.

'What?'

'I mean your school is a cute little neko that sits around the house and licks it balls, and then theirs my school, a great big lion, the king of the Savanna. While your team are all domesticated cat, my team is a preying hunting beast, so no I'm not putting that on. Why don't you tell your female manager--OH wait! You don't have one...'

Everyone in the gym started "Ooo"-ing or laughing. Soon later the gym was spiraling out of control with laughter. Coach Nekomata went from laughing to glaring at your coach. The glare meant "Get your player under control". 

---

It was around 9 and you were staring at the note.

'Should we actually go to this dorm party? I mean you heard what coach said....'

'Do you think I give a flying fuck about what coach says? I don't care if coach said that your on probation until tomorrow, because of what you said and because you smoked and didn't come back to the dorm'

'I've done worse...'

'Really when?'

'When I broke one of the gyms windows because I was mad and I also had just smoked, or the time I got drunk and passed out during practice, or when-'

'OKAY! I already know every time you done something...But c'mon all those hotties just imagine us girls alone with all the men in that room'

She said and basically drooled over the weird fantasy she was thinking about. You snapped her out of it and basically everyone except Yasu went to the dorm party. You got there and was Tendou said was true, basically everyone was there.

People from Shiratorizawa, Inarazaki, Itachiyama, Fukurodani, Nekoma. Your team was the last to show up. You saw Sakusa for the first time you were here in training camp. You saw Atsumu was hauling ass to get to Sakusa. You looked around and saw a rubber glove and a Lysol can. You put on the glove and gave handed it to him.

'Here you go'

'Ew did you touch it'

'Dude I have a glove on, or would you rather get hit by that'

'Fair...'

He grabbed it and sprayed it in Atsumu. Atsumu coughed and covered his mouth.

'*cough* What the *cough* fuck dude??'

'Like I'm going to let you near me, as for you-'

He saw that you were already 7 feat away from him.

'I'm already over here Omi'

'Your acceptable, you are not Atsumu'

'RUDE OMIOMI-KUN!'

'Whatever get away from me before I catch whatever disease you have'

Atsumu still stayed around Sakusa and you went off to another corner of the room.