Chapter two

Inori's pov~

"Daria!" I yelled, running after her down the busy hallway.
Daria is my best friend, and without a doubt the most beautiful person in school. She had long shiny blonde hair, she was tall, thin, and athletic, her features were perfectly petite and she was a sweetheart. Me, on the other hand, not so much. I'm tall but not as tall as Daria, I have brown curly messy hair that stops halfway down my back. I'm not a good runner, or good at anything athletic, and to top it off I require glasses for every activity. I'm nowhere near as perfectly structured, durable, or thin as Daria. How we became so close is an absolute mystery to me. She's the only person I've ever trusted, and she's never let me down.
We were late, for the first class of the first day at this new school. My parents divorced and I don't know where my mother is now, so I moved halfway across the country with a father I barely know. Daria moved with me, and words can't express how grateful I am for that. Her parents are happily married, and she has two older brothers back at home. They have high incomes, so there was no issue of if she could afford to move here with me or not. After much begging and pleading with my father, he agreed to let her live with us. He has a high paying job also, but that seems to be all he's concerned with. We've never spent time together, no 'bonding' moments. I can't help but wonder if that's exactly why my parents split up.
I have no siblings unfortunately. It's as if my parents had me and thought 'that's enough' and shut shop. It's nice because I have privacy when I need it, but honestly it's very lonely too. I wish I had someone else to confide in. Unlike me, Daria despises her brothers. She should be more grateful she has two brothers to look out for her.
Unexpectedly, I bump into someone into the hallway, quickly scattering all my thoughts. I step back quickly from them, apologizing. They say nothing. I look up at them. It's a boy, with jet black hair, slightly parted lips, pale skin, and dazzling eyes. His eyes. I can't look away, they're too beautiful.
Those perfectly sculptered red lips begin to speak. "Are you alright?"
I jumped back at his words, startled by his sweet yet deep voice. I nodded quickly, shifting my gaze from his bright unblinking eyes awkwardly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been running, please excuse me."
He stayed completely still. I glanced past him. Everyone else in the hallway seemed to be moving like normal. I couldn't see Daria anywhere. I sighed.
"What?" He raised his eyebrows at me.
I shook my head quickly, feining a smile. I can feel the sweat running off my brow. This boy is too hot for me. I've never had someone speak to me like this before. His bright emerald green eyes pierce into mine. He looks so fierce, so determined, so strong-willed.
"Sorry, I was just looking for my friend."
After a few moments he nodded stiffly, still not averting his gaze from my eyes.
I glanced around again. "What's your name?"
"Jungkook." He stated it plainly. He still hasn't blinked. "And yours?"
I gulped a little. "I-inori."
He gave no sign of having heard me. I looked deep into his eyes, feeling more and more awkward by the second. But right near the iris of his bright green eyes, I could see a red tint becoming more and more evident. I looked at him with fear.
"Excuse me." He breathed in heavily, and pushed past me. I winced for a moment as he had bumped my shoulder, but I watched him walk away in a hurry. What is his problem?
"Inorrrriiiiiiiiii~" Daria jumped on me and I yelped. She pouted. I smacked the top of her head with my hand gently.
"You idiot! You can't go running around like that."
She laughed. "I saw you swooning over that dude."
A small grin found its way onto my face, and I could feel the colour rising in my cheeks. She poked me. "I think you're in love."
I scoffed and pushed her off me. "You're heavy, and you suck. No I'm not in love." 
And with that I grabbed her arm and walked briskly to class, dragging whinging Daria behind me.

Jungkook pov~

It burns. I gasped slightly, searching for the bathroom. I grab onto the base of my tie, and rip it from my neck. My throat feels like its on fire. I groaned. The urge has never been this bad before.
I stumble into the bathroom, losing my tie and my jacket somewhere on the floor. I don't have time to get into one of the stalls; I rolled up my sleeve and bit harshly into my own wrist.
Jin walked into the bathroom, and stared at me shocked.
I could see my own eye colour in the reflection of the mirror: pure, dark, deep, red. No green was left. I growled, intaking more and more of my own thick blood. It was hardly satisfying, and I pulled off with disappointment. I groaned again; my throat burnt more than ever. I looked at Jin with frustration, panting heavily. He nodded, and I rushed towards him. I pinned him against the bathroom door, ripped the collar of his shirt out of the way, and bit into his neck deeply. He whimpered slightly; I've never been this rough before. I pushed him further into the door, sucking down more and more. I stood there, trembling, trying to ooze the burn inside me.
Jin is like me. He's a vampire too. In desperate situations, when feeding on ourselves isn't satisfying enough, we try feeding on another of our kind. I've bitten Jin before, but never with this intensity. I felt guilty, for using him like this, for hurting one of the best friends I'd ever known. The burn wasn't going away. I swallowed his thick dark blood quicker, scrunching up my face in annoyance and desperation. 
"Jungkook.." He gasped my name. I ignored him, gulping down more, feeling a single thread of his blood drip out of the corner of my mouth and down my neck. He pushed me away from him quickly, and I stayed still, breathing heavily. The burn was still there. I turned to look at him, to make sure he was okay. He slid down the door slowly, and slumped onto the floor, his eyes closed.
"Jin!" I shook off my blood lust and rushed to his side. I angled his face upwards, so I could see his eyes. He was paler than usual, and he closed his eyes slowly. I made a sound, somewhat between annoyance, helplessness, and desperation. I drank too much. 
Anger filled me. That girl, Inori. I've been practicing my self control, and it was going fine, right up until I spoke to her. Something changed inside me, something awoke the beast I'm constantly trying to hide. 
What is she? How was it so easy for the quiet nerd girl of the school to throw off my self control?
I growled to myself. I'd figure her out, one way or another. Even if it meant sucking her dry.