Chapter sixty-two

Ok mini rant talk thing idk what this really is - I've noticed that quite a few of the popular BTS stories seem not as through written as what I'm used to reading and I've tried to read them and get inspired to write more stuff about the most fabulous boy band on the planet but I really just can't get into it, as in I can't understand what's going on very easily because of simple grammar and punctuation errors and also I just totally disagree with the progression of the storyline. Is this just me? I would really love to read some good vampire BTS novels on this site so I was hoping some of my lovely readers could recommend any stories particularly captivating. I'm not trying to criticise anyone's writing so please don't take it like that, especially if English is not your first language (seriously I can't imagine how difficult it would be to write a book in another language I can hardly manage English let alone something else). But yeah, in summary, any recs? I really love the whole idea behind a bloodthirsty angsty BTS and since I can't really get surprised by my own writing, hoping for any suggestions!

Jungkook pov~

I startle awake, the ice painfully licking up my insides finally stopping. Squeezing my eyes shut, I enjoyed the still air, thinking hard over the sensation that I had felt for eternity but for only a brief second at the same time. I haven't felt such ice since before I was turned. Perhaps it was just a memory?

My next thought inevitably was of my girlfriend, and a pang of worry settled into my chest. I was being harsh to her, but she needs to understand that her safety comes first.

With a sigh, I swung my legs off the couch, wincing from the slight cramps, an unavoidable result from squishing on a couch much too small for my height. I blinked away all signs of sleepiness as I walked towards the room I'd left her in; I should still apologise for my reaction. In times like these, creating a wall between us was the last thing I wanted.

The door was slightly ajar but I knocked lightly anyway, chanting out her name sweetly in hopes to coax her to me. "Are you awake?"

The silence was deafening, and I frowned. I can't hear her heart pumping the blood through her veins. Gently, I pushed the door open a little more, peeking inside my room. The bed was empty, and the floor was messy with the way I had left it before the argument. The scent was freezing, all signs of her warmth from simply being alive long vanished, and I knew she wasn't in here. Muttering out a small curse, I turned away, pricking my ears for any sign of her heartbeat in the house. I could feel nothing, and panic rose in my mind like floodwater.

"Taehyung?" I called out for him with an unsettled stomach, and a few moments later he bumped into my form as I stalked towards the kitchen, concentrating hard on picking up any clue of her soul being here. His mouth opened in preparation but I cut him off, already communicating with my eyes that this was no fucking joke.

"Have you seen Inori?"

His gaping mouth closed for a moment as he seemed to rack every thought. "Why?"

"Can you just answer the damn question!?"

His stony eyes glared into mine, and it took me a moment to realise I'd reacted harsher than I thought I had; my hands gripped his forearms hard, nails bleeding through his soft flesh. With a huff, he released a snap of fire through his body, and I pulled away by instinct, bile rising in the back of my throat at the thought of getting burnt after just healing – I would recover, of course, but the thought was almost traumatising to me at the moment.

He twisted his arms, looking through the tiny holes I'd made in his beat up pin-adorned jacket, blood drying and skin instantly glazing over, annoyed that I'd disfigured his clothing. "No, I haven't seen her for a little while. Jimin was talking to her before, though."