Chapter ten

Inori’s pov~

I got up slowly, feeling a horrible pain in my head. Groaning, I fumbled, looking for my glasses on my bedside table. I put them on, brushing my hair from the front of my face. Then it hits me.
Yesterday.
The rain.
Those strange people.
I look down at my ankle, and sure enough, it’s wrapped up in multiple bloody bandages. I groaned again; the pain felt so fresh, as if I’d only just gotten it. I look down at both of my wrists, also wrapped up and bloodied. My neck throbs painfully with each beat of my pulse. I feel so weak and powerless. A small sob escaped my lips and I shuddered.
My dad.
I brought myself to stand slowly, crying out from the pain echoing from my collarbone.
Right. I’d forgotten. They played with me.
With my unbroken wrist, I felt along my wall and pulled myself along, keeping my ankle as far from the floor as I could manage. I called out for my dad, and sure enough, he rushed to my room.
“Inori! Stay in bed.” He picked me up and put me back in my bed.
I opened my mouth to protest. “What are you? Why didn’t you tell me?”
He pulled the covers up over me, making me wince horribly. “There’s nothing to tell. I brought you home.”
“No, I saw you, you pulled them off and you had knives and-“
“You’re overreacting.” He silenced me with the sternness in his voice, along with his judging glare. “You were late from school so I went looking for you. There were five guys harassing you and they pushed you a few times, injuring you. I punched them and told them to get lost. They left and I carried you home.”
I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “But-“
“No buts. There were no knives, nothing. I brought you home and wrapped you up. That is all.”
I nodded slowly, still confused. Perhaps I hallucinated the entire ordeal?
My dad stood, getting ready to leave and I whimpered for him to come back. He turned on his heel and looked at me with his normal blank but stern expression. I pulled my eyes away from his gaze.
“D-dad.. I’m hungry..”
His gaze softened and he nodded, leaving to get something for me. I closed my eyes, getting more and more comfortable in my soft bed.
Like he said, I remember him getting those people away and carrying me.. but why did they target me? I glanced at my wrist, the fresh blood still soaking into the fabric. Why would they go to such lengths? I groaned, closing my eyes, letting my entire body relax.
I must have dreamt up everything else that happened. Too exhausted to wait for my dad to come back with some food, I let myself fall back into a deep sleep.

Jungkook pov~

I can’t stop thinking about Inori.
What really is she?
I shivered unintentionally. What if she was something more dangerous? And why did Jin want to just leave here there, on the edge of death? That’s not like him..
The memories of that afternoon flowed back into my mind and my throat. I cried out, clutching my throat, the burn worse than before. Gasping, I slid onto the floor, surrendering to the pain. My vision obscures and I close my eyes, feeling myself fall forward onto the floor. A bang dully hits the side of my head and I grumble in pain. My stomach hurts so badly; like I haven’t drank blood for years.
A cold hand pulls me up, leaning me against the side of my bed. I try to open my eyes, seeing bright purple hair.
“Taehyung..” I choke out, looking at him pleadingly.
He shoves a large packet into my hand. “This is better than feeding off another vampire. You’re no longer a blood virgin, but let’s see when we can make you no longer a sexual virgin too hm?”
I look at him shocked, speechless at his comment, but I hold onto the bag tightly like it’s a lifeline. He brings it up to my lips and I sniff the dark red substance through the bag. A low growl erupts from my throat and I bite into the bag harshly, my sharp fangs tearing easily through the plastic. I suck down the liquid as quickly as I can, looking at Taehyung with red-stained vision. He licked his lips, a slight red tinge coming to his own eyes. I growled and pulled it closer, drinking ever faster. The plastic crumpled beneath my fingers, and in a second I pulled away, feeling no more blood coming past my lips. I shut my mouth, feeling my fangs slide back to normal, blood clinging onto my lips. I sighed softly, dropping the packet. Taehyung looked at me with hunger.
“Taehyung..?”
He snapped back to reality, the deep red tinge disappearing from his bright blue eyes. He sat up straight, looking at me with worry.
“How is Inori?”
I nodded slowly. “Fine.. as far as I know.”
“Have you talked to Jin about her?”
I shook my head, wiping up the blood from my lips, licking the sweet substance off my fingers. “Should I ask him?”
He forced a laugh. “You’re the same idiot you were here on day one. He’s the smartest, he’s lived here the longest, what he knows might actually surprise you.”
I nodded stiffly, avoiding his questioning gaze. Standing, I held the empty plastic packet that once held two litres of rich blood loosely in my hand. I threw it into the bin, walking quickly, looking for where Jin might be. I found him, sitting in the library, immersed in his books. I approached him slowly, cautiously. He looked up at me suddenly, his deep purple eyes looking deeply into mine. I shrugged and shifted my gaze to the books strewn carelessly on the floor.
“Are you looking for something?” His gaze did not shift from me. I brought my eyes to meet his.
“Are you?”
He does not respond. I immediately feel guilty. “Sorry.. I’m worried about something..”
“What’s wrong?”
I sat down across from him carefully, wary of how he might react. “You remember that girl? Her name is Inori.. after you all left, her wounds kind of.. healed..”
He does not react. I clear my throat nervously.
"So she's not entirely human?"
I nodded stiffly in response. A frown came onto his face. "Why are you involving yourself with her then?"
I gaped in response. He sighed. "She was recently injured, yes?"
I nodded, waiting for him to continue.
"So?"
"So what?"
Jin glared at me, putting down his book forcefully on the small table next to him, already lined with books. "Use your brain. She was injured by those rogues. But she heals quickly. So how is it that she's still bed-ridden?"
I frown. "She shouldn't be..-"
"But she is. Explain it."
I thought to myself for a second. Then it hit me.
Her father. That evil bastard. He's been giving her the exact same injuries every time she wakes up. All this just so she doesn't find out she's different!?
I glared at the very air, clenching my fists, anger boiling inside me. "How dare he!? I should just-"
"You should stay away from her. You don't want to get muddled up into a mess that has nothing to do with you."
I stand quickly. "It's not your decision, if I muddle or not. I'm worried about her."
The frown leaves his face. "You have a reason to be."
"What's that suppoosed to mean?" I felt my the anger build up even further, obscuring my will to stay myself and stay completely calm. The monster instinct was coming, and it wanted to destroy.
He shrugs. I scoff, storming out of the room.
How dare he? It's my own decision, whether or not I want to involve myself in Inori. And I want to become involed pretty badly. She's gorgeous and I'm addicted to her. I don't care if she's not entirely human, I want to protect her from everything bad in this world, including myself. And that father of hers; he's got a lesson coming to him that I don't think he'll like. I'll show him what you get if you mess with someone important to me.

Flashback~
Suga's pov~

I groaned, clenching my fists, feeling the bruising spring up onto my stomach.
Why? 
They laughed, kicking me again. I gasped, and spat out blood and other sick substances I preferred not to think about.
"Y-you're such a coward.." I choked the words out, only to be met with another harsh kick to the stomach. A rough pair of hands pulled me up, smirking at the grime flowing slowly from my mouth.
"What's this eh? Dying so soon?"
I hacked again. He was correct, in a way. I was simply made small and weak, leaving my entire body brittle. This beating would surely be the end for me. And it was all over a girl.
He snarled, as if he'd read my thoughts. "If you don't stay away from her, I will grind you into a pulp." He spat on my face, punching me back to the ground. I felt myself black out for a moment, kicks repetitively rocking into my side. I cried out, feeling my ribs give way and crunch together. Clutching my side, I fell onto the floor, blinded by pain.
What's happening to me?
Like the true coward they were, they ran away at the first sight of something more serious than a normal fight. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself through the pain. I don't mind if no one comes to help me. Dying like this is alright. There are plenty worse ways to go. If I died now, I would at least have some good memories to cling on to.
Someone else grabbed me, forcing me to lie on my back. I screamed out in pain, feeling something in my side poke out through the skin, blood rushing down onto the pale dirt underneath me. I didn't have time to process what was happening; I don't know who it was, but they were trying to talk to me. I blinked weakly, losing all sense of hearing. Not a moment later did I feel something push my rib back into my side, another sharp pain in my neck. I blacked out instantly, vaguely remembering their name ringing into my mind.
Hoseok, huh..