Chapter thirty-six

Jimin pov~

I laughed at the scowling expression etched all over Namjoon's face. Never have I ever seen someone with this much disgust on their face.

"Is that really necessary?" He glared at me, hands dug into his pockets moodily.

I laughed even harder, trying to shake it off. "It's just a walk you idiot."

"Exactly. We could be getting the exact same amount of exercise from home. There's no need to leave that house."

"But the fresh air is amazing." I bunched my fingers together, stretching my arms far above my head, yawning. "It's good to get out once in a while."

"There's fucking cigarettes everywhere." He kicked at the ground, silently fuming.

"Didn't you used to smoke?"

"Shut the fuck up before I punch you."

I cackled harder than before, struggling to keep pace with him. I zipped up my jacket, huddling my shoulders closer together. It was snowing lightly and the breeze was almost gale-force; people rarely come out in weather like this. Namjoon grumbled under his breath about the excessive jumpers he was wearing and I hissed for him to shut up. We have to wear this many layers so we don't look conspicuous.

"Where are we even going?"

I shrugged, looking over at the stream of parked cars on my right, enough snow collapsed on them to hide half of them under a layer of white. "Anywhere is fine."

He scoffed. "You can be so boring sometimes."

I grinned at him. "Fuck you too, bud."

He laughed bitterly, his eyes skimming over the snow with an emotion rather than loathing for the first time today I've seen. His expression quickly changed to a worried one as he glanced up at the towering buildings surrounding us. I sighed to myself, knowing he was thinking of Aichlinn yet again.

"You can't ponder on her forever."

"I know," he grumbled like a child, bringing his shoulders closer together. I eyed him carefully, half expecting him to get upset about it again. It was just near here, that he'd watched her.

"Let's go this way." I tugged on his elbow, bringing him down a dirty side street until we emerged in another main road layered heavily in snow. He sighed lightly, in relief or annoyance I couldn't tell.

"It's fine, so stop worrying."

I shook my head, bringing him closer to me. From a first glance, Namjoon seemed broken and a hothead but really he just needed people there to look after him.

"What's that?" He gestured to something in the distance and I frowned, unable to tell what he was looking at. I squinted, freezing in my tracks.

It was a person.

"Come." I tugged hard on Namjoon's jacket but he shook me off, walking closer to them.

It's one of them. One of the enforcers. No one else would be out in conditions like this unless they were born from them. There was no reason for them to be here, clearly they're waiting for something. They're waiting for us.

Namjoon walked closer still and I chased after him, trying to tug him away. "Let's just go!"

He released a small snap of electricity to his elbow where I was clinging onto him and I yelped in surprise, letting go of him.

"It's not safe!"

He squinted at them, at how they just stood there in the cold, wind blowing their cloak everywhere. Nodding, he turned back with me and I walked with him as quickly as possible.

Not a moment later did Namjoon give a surprised yelp and fall forwards. I turned in horror, a punch sending me onto the ground next to shaking Namjoon. I clutched the side of my face, holding my other hand up showing I have no weapon. They scowled and landed a kick in my side before vanishing into thin air.

Xierro?

Namjoon coughed heavily, spitting blood onto the white pavement. I panicked, turning him onto his back to inspect the wounds. Just like Yoongi's wounds, small shards of ice pierced through his skin, glowing faintly light blue. I screamed and tried to help him as he trembled and sobbed, shivering from the true cold for the first time since he turned.

"No no no!" I yelled out, taking off my jumper and holding it over the wounds as if it'll somehow stop the spread of the ice shards into his blood stream. I cannot let Namjoon die, not just like how Yoongi did. He shakily brought his hands up to his face, small tears escaping.

I yelled at him, to stay awake, to fight it. His eyes met mine one last time before they become vacant of life and he went completely still, turning paler than the snow that had stolen him.

Jungkook pov~

"Put this on."

She gave me a questioning glance but obeyed, putting on the bracelet I pushed into her hand. "Why?"

"Please just wear it. It'll protect you."

"My last one broke-"

"This won't. Just please never take it off."

She nodded and I excused myself quickly, diving into Namjoon's bedroom, my voice becoming heavy without speaking at the sight of his empty form.

Why!?

"No one leaves.." Jin stated blankly, making Jimin look up from his sobbing state.

"You fucking think so? How many deaths is it going to take until we do something!?"

"We've done enough!"

Jimin scowled as his head sank down helplessly.

Namjoon is gone. Yoongi is gone. Are they going to keep prying us off one by one until it's only Inori left?