Chapter sixty-seven

Inori pov~

The nibbling of Jungkook's teeth against the skin of my neck startled me awake, and I would have probably flown into shock if it weren't for his reassuring hands holding me tight. I breathed out in relief, clenching and unclenching my fists as a tingle ran through my wrists in memory of Xierro's devilish binds.

"You're safe, love."

I frowned, trying to angle my head towards his face as his hands held tighter, claws starting to dig into skin. That doesn't sound exactly like Jungkook.

"Go back to sleep."

His tone was cold and devoid of love, and the sound only made me more worried, desperate to see his face. A sinking feeling settled in my stomach, and I almost sobbed at the mental realization that something wasn't right.

His claws started to really dig into my skin and I whimpered for him to stop, the burning melting through the thin frost layer hiding just under my skin, and I could feel myself start to bleed.

"Jungkook, please let go-"

Instead of speaking, he dug his nails in harder and I whimpered under him, all the strength in my body proving useless against his supernatural hold. In a moment of panic, I let out a frustrated cry, using my own ice to sting into his fingers, and his hold finally retracted while he cursed in a gravelly voice, a tone I've never heard him use before.

I took advantage of the freedom and spun around on the bed, looking up at what I thought was my boyfriend.

His hair was fading from black, turning into a bright red like fire itself, angry snarl on his face as he looked at his claws, the fire from within him slowly expelling the ice I'd pushed into him.

But Jungkook isn't born from fire.

His face morphed into the demon's and I screamed, frozen on the sheets. This was it, it was all over, I was fucked.

Just as Xierro reached down to grab me back into her grip, a strong pair of arms caught me from underneath, pulling me through the bed like a ghost, taking me away from the dream and into reality.

He held me tight, rocking ever so slightly, arms wrapped around my stomach, forehead pressed to the back of my head. I was on my side, and when I opened my eyes, the screaming finally stopped as did the vision that felt more real than reality itself. I felt emotions there like I hadn't for a while here, which only prompted me back into panic.

"Sh, it's okay."

His voice was exactly like it should be, comforting and warm despite the winter permanently etched into his soul. I stayed completely still, thinking about what just happened.

"I took the dream away, it's over."

I turned to face him and he let me, bright green eyes scanning my still face for something behind an injury on skin.

I wanted to start crying, to curl into a ball in the corner until I learnt how to deal with everything, but I couldn't even bring the thought into my head. It was as if I'd used up too much feeling, and my emotions now weren't charged enough to perform any acts like that. So, instead of nuzzling into the real Jungkook for comfort, I stayed exactly where I was, face blank and unblinking as the emptiness within me seemed to consume everything, every thought and feeling until I felt like I couldn't move anymore.

"What did they do to you in that place?" He murmured, lips brushing against mine and I tilted away, panic starting to wash over me again.

What if this was all just the dream, and Xierro still had me?