Chapter twenty-six

Jungkook pov~

“They don’t remember?”
Jin shook his head in front of me, nothing but an expression full of emptiness on his face. “No. I had no choice but to make them forget.”
I scoffed, crossing my legs, both disappointed and fearful. “Why?”
He looked at me with eyes even darker than normal. “If they’d gone there, hell bent on revenge, they wouldn’t have made it back.”
I gulped, pricks of nervousness covering my skin. I can understand why he made them forget.. Taehyung, Hoseok, and Namjoon that is. I gulped at the thought of starting a war with them.
There’s a special deal between the guardians and vampires. We don’t mess in their business, they don’t mess in ours. In a sense we’re both tied; they are the representatives of both extreme heat and extreme cold, yet we were born from the cold. But they did eliminate Yoongi without no good reason, so it just doesn’t add up.
I grit in my teeth. They have that to explain for. It’s unsurprising that they wanted revenge for him.
“They have Xeirro on their side, remember. She can see snippets of the future, just like me.”
I sighed, suddenly understanding. Yes. The feared Xeirro. The last demon and the greatest feared vampire-killer. Demons are born from the extreme heat. “So you’re saying that Yoongi would have done something if they’d permitted him to live any longer?”
“It is possible.”
Jin’s voice still had not an ounce of emotion of any kind in it which did very little to reassure me. “Plus I trust you won’t say anything at all to anyone about it.”
“But Jimin is-”
He silenced me with a flick of his hand. “He’s healed and he agreed.”
Nervousness washed over me yet again in waves almost making me queasy. “What if they hurt Inori?”
“They won’t.”
“How can you be sure?”
He finally looked at me with red eyes. “Because she’s important to them.”
I nodded stiffly, bringing myself to look away from his penetrating gaze. He was hungry, but too proud to say anything about it. I extended my wrist towards him, making a deep cut in my skin. His eyes widened and I looked directly at him. “You never drink anymore.”
Instead of responding, he reached out, dragging my wrist up to his face, his eyes completely overtaken by the red. His mouth opened, showing his fangs, and I winced, preparing myself for the sharp pain I knew would follow. A startled whimper left my mouth, yet it was nowhere near the amount of pain I’d felt when he turned me. Within a few minutes, a light bead of sweat ran down the side of my face, and I was left breathing heavily, lightheaded.
“J-Jin..,” I muttered, reminding him to stop. Immediately he pulled off, watching for a moment as my slick blood flowed to the bottom of my wrist, before dripping onto the floor. I tugged my wrist away slightly and he scowled, pulling it back.
“Idiot. You can’t leave it open.”
A warm sensation spread through my arm as his other hand cupped the wound, and a second later when he pulled back, no evidence of a bite mark or bleeding remained.
Yet, his words stayed in my head. Inori is important to the guardians..
But why?
I got up quickly, ignoring the lightheaded feeling, storming towards my room. She’s involved deeply into this somehow and Jin knows.

Inori pov~

I sobbed, banging my weak fist against the wall as harshly as I could.
“D-Dad..”
He ignored me, which did very little to help at all.
“Give it up, Inori.”
I froze, waiting for him to continue. More and more tears spilled down my face, as the sobs continued to come and the shaking refused to stop.
“Who are m-my real parents th-then..?”
He sighed through the doorway, obviously fed up. “You don’t need to know that.”
I cursed loudly, smacking the door once more, before sitting back on my bed in a huff, combing my fingers through my messy hair. I was confused. I was stressed. I was tired. I was betrayed.
“Your real parents didn’t want you.”
His words took me by surprise, but I listened all the same.
“What’s your real name..?”
Yet again he sighed, questioning if he should answer or not. I got up angrily, facing my door where I was sure he was leaning quietly, listening in on my every move.
“What does it matter!? You’ve made it clear I’m not leaving ever.” My voice failed me on the last few words, and somehow that seemed to be enough to convince him.
“Ryo.”
“And my mother?”
He paused again. “Xeirro.”
“Where is she?”
“Far away and she’s not coming back.”
I cursed yet again, sliding down the door until I met the floor. “Why won’t you let me leave..?”
“Stop thinking of me as someone evil. It’s only for your own safety.” I heard him walk away from my door once more, going off to busy himself with more of his work. I don’t even care what he thinks – if he’s convinced locking me here will help me, he’s entirely wrong. I stood up quickly, searching around on the floor under my bed for the crowbar that Daria always made me keep close by in case someone tried to rob me in the middle of the night. I spotted it, and flipped over the blankets from the edge of the bed quickly, holding the cold steel. Walking over to my window, I glanced back at the door to make sure he wouldn’t walk in at any time. And, when I was sure it was safe, I hooked it underneath the locked ledge and pried it off with a few easy pushes. The window lock snapped and it opened, billowing in the wind. I grinned to myself, proud of my efforts – although I knew he would absolutely kill me for this later.
I jumped out and ran. I wanted to see Jungkook, to tell him what my father was doing. I wanted things to go back to being right again.

Namjoon pov~

I stood, puzzled, watching that girl cradle herself in Jungkook’s arms, sobbing every now and then.
Stupid girl.
“Its fine, I’ll protect you.” Jungkook stated for about the tenth time since she came bursting in here. I scoffed to myself; of course she had to barge in just as I was about to feed. Inori had stumbled in, an absolute mess, telling him everything that had happened when her ‘dad’ arrived home. And he listened. I scoffed to myself again, unable to understand why he put up with humans and their problems. We have enough of our own problems.
“You’re dating, aren’t you?”
Jungkook looked up at me in surprise, but he didn’t deny it. “Yes..,” He mumbled, turning his attention back to the sobbing Inori clinging onto his shirt.
Scowling, I shot him a warning look. He's just a big of a fool as she is.
"You're dating? Our youngest was the first to get a girlfriend?" Taehyung came out of his room, looking around cluelessly. The others quickly crowded, and I folded my arms, glaring at him with stained vision. His entire posture suddenly changed; Jungkook pulled Inori to stand, entwining his fingers with hers. Still sobbing, she looked down at the floor.
"Yes," His eyes, now beady and narrow travelled over each and every one of us in a judging manner. "We are dating. And so it's up to you to make her feel at home."
"Inori, why are you crying..?" Jimin stepped forward, trying to comfort her from a distance, fully aware that Jungkook would attack him if he got too close. The very thought made me chuckle to myself.
"R-Ryo isn't my dad.." She turned, leaning on Jungkook's shoulder again, somehow convinced that resting on a tall thin boy would take away all of her pain.
"Ryo?" 
I glanced at Hoseok and Taehyung, who seemed to be nodding to themselves. Concentrating, I focussed on Taehyung. And sure enough, as if it was my own thought, the raw need for revenge sprung into his mind so easily. I felt what he felt, the burning want to eliminate Ryo once and for all. Not just for his own sake, or Inori's, but for Jin as well. I switched my attention, looking into Hoseok. Surely enough, the exact same thought lay in his mind, the most important thing to him right now. I sighed to myself; these two.. It's not their job to avenge anyone, especially Jin. If I was Jin I'd kill them myself for trying to act the hero all the time. All they're doing is pushing their noses in where their noses don't belong.
Idiots. I live with pure utter idiots.