Chapter forty-nine

Warning extremely long chapter! Thought it could be nice to give insight to my lovely readers on what happened after each of them turned into vampires (except Jin who was born a vampire)

Flashback~

Namjoon pov~

I tore off my coat in anger, throwing the leather thing to the ground as if it didn't cost me almost two hundred dollars. What was the point in wearing coats anymore? Why should I wear a jacket if my body could not be warmed?

Pain swarmed in my stomach, threatening to rise in my throat, and I paused, clutching my chest in wait for it to subside.

You should wait at least a week before you do anything strenuous.

Jin's words echoed in my head, but I pushed them away with a snarl. Not do anything strenuous? For a whole week? What does he honestly expect me to do? Sit patiently and rest until I have my strength back while the thugs that stole Aichlinn's life still live out there? I don't think so.

My fangs pricked out against my bottom lip in a taunting smile as I could sense them close by. It was easy tracking them down now, I hardly had to put in any effort.

Raindrops bristled against the bare skin of my neck and with a ghostly shiver, my fingers smoothed over the small place where Jin's fangs had dug in, to turn me into something greater and more powerful that these lowlife's stood no chance against.

With a few more turns down dark alleyways, I faced one of them, already barely able to keep the fury contained with my balled fists. He stood quickly from his slack sitting position on a single milk carton against a black brick wall. Although he was human, he was not wearing many layers at all, and sent me a smirk with a crack of his knuckles.

"You lost, buddy?"

My whole back tensed as a voice in my head mindlessly screamed at me to tear him apart, limb from limb until his pitiful life was taken by the reaper in a glorious fountain of blood. But, I offered a wry smile, hiding my fangs from his view.

"Yeah, I think I am. I'm trying to get to central station."

The teenage bastard had the nerve to laugh at me. "You're at least an hour's walk from it. Are you sure that's where you're trying to get to?"

I grit in my teeth so hard it hurt. "Positive."

He looked at my stiff frame for a moment and I quickly relaxed as much as I could. He smirked again and stood as straight as possible, as if that would make him seem intimidating to me. "I don't know the exact way, but my friend does. He's right down there," he paused to point to a tiny pitch-black alleyway hidden behind a massive dumpster I hadn't noticed when I first got here.

I smiled the most innocent and unknowing smile my face could offer. "Are you sure? I don't want to be a pain?"

He grinned, and I saw the poor and dirty state his teeth were already in; really, these people are the scum of the world. "It's absolutely fine. Let's go."

I followed him silently into the alleyway, my eyes able to pick up everything in the pitch black, from graffiti on the walls to the hundreds of cigarette butts left to rot on the wet ground. And with my extremely enhanced senses, I could feel the beating hearts of at least five more, and hid a smile from my face. They'll be reduced to even less than a toothpick once I'm finished with them.

"Maybe you should have just left us alone, mate." A separate guy paced towards me and I cracked my knuckles, every nerve in my body more than ready for a fight I have no chance of losing. No more words were exchanged, as another one appeared and grew a gun on me, his expression the very definition of smug.