Chapter fifty-five

Jimin pov~

He didn't even need to force the door open, the strength of his gaze leaving the wood brittle and cracked, splintering away from the center in increasingly larger portions.

He bolted into the room with Taehyung and myself scrambling after him, and not even a second after laying his eyes on the girls he was on top of Umai, ripping her away from her younger sister.

There she was, straddling her sister with her bony claws wrapped around her neck, squeezing so hard Inori's face was slightly blue. She coughed weakly around Umai's hold and Jungkook snarled, pulling Umai away in an attempt to get her to let go completely.

"What the fuck..," Taehyung started, spoon dropping out of his mouth onto the floor.

"Come on!" I grabbed Taehyung's sleeve, already running to Jungkook's aid. While he had his arms wrapped firmly around her stomach, I reached for one arm as Taehyung reached for the other.

She was really  fucking strong.

Inori's face slowly started to turn a healthier color but her eyes remained shut, and Umai snarled at her, her claws lengthening in hopes to plunge out her life completely. I shouted Jungkook's name, hoping he'd notice what she was about to do with milliseconds of warning. But her claws retracted and she let out a strangled sob, and I glanced down to see his own nails lodged deeply into her gut, finally prying her away from his girlfriend.

Taehyung and I let go as he threw her to the floor, his shoulders shaking with rage, eyes red and threatening to darken to black. He spun away from the demon that cupped her side spurting thick blood from the very inside of her soul, cradling Inori in his arms. She was breathing.

"Baby?" He whispered, brushing away un-spilled tears resting in her eyes. "I need you to go hide now, alright?"

Her head shook as she tried to choke out a refusal, and a wave of conflicting emotions washed over me. She'd still try to protect her sister, after she was almost murdered by her?

"Get your hands off her!" Umai yelled, trying to get to her feet despite the substantial wound. I glanced at Taehyung, who was glaring daggers at the demon on the floor. The wound Jungkook made started to glaze over, only to be met with Taehyung's shoe tearing it open again.

"Inori!" Jungkook hissed, placing a chaste kiss to her forehead. "Please, go hide now."

Yet she refused to move and Jungkook shot me a look. I nodded, stepping towards them as he tried to pull her to her feet. I grabbed onto her arm as I turned around and knelt, letting her climb onto my back with help from Jungkook. She struggled and sobbed, but I raced from the room.

"Wait, we have to go back!" Her weak fists beat at my shoulders and I tightened the hold I had behind her knees.

I raced down the hallway, and decided to keep her in Jin's room. I scanned the large space briefly, seeing no sign of anyone, before I knelt back down to the ground. She refused to let go of my shirt and I let out a hurried sigh.

"Inori, please don't be like this. She deserves what's coming to her, she tried to kill you."

"Don't hurt her!" She begged and screeched out a curse word as I forcefully pulled her off me, landing on her bum on the floor.

"I'm sorry, there's no other way."

Before she could jump to her feet, I closed the door and flicked the lock, trapping her inside the space.

"Jimin!" She screamed, banging at the door, and my heart bled for her. This was the best option, though.

A strained yell brought me back to my senses; it was Jungkook, and by the sound of it, Umai was kicking their asses.