Chapter five

Unknown flashback~

I placed my hand over my own mouth, trying to be as quiet as possible. I cannot get caught. I'm almost there by now, surely. I cross another hallway and follow it to the end, greeted by two more hallways, painted dark colours with red velvet carpet. There's meant to be a door right here..! 
Where is it!?
I groan silently in annoyance. He said it was right here..
I walk quickly and quietly down the dark hallway on my left, searching for any sort of clues. I come to a door, one that looks exactly the same as the millions I've already passed. I open it cautiously, aware if I am caught, they won't hesitate in killing me.
I look in shock at it. It's so beautiful.. 
Pale blue, sparkling in the air like that.. just hovering.. over a cot.. 
Anger fills me.
It's a child!?
I take off the mask partially obscuring my vision and walk quickly to the cot, glancing briefly that no one else is around. I look at the child sleeping. 
She looked peaceful, so that's something.. I picked her up gently. The pale blue sparkling light above her flickered and landed on her skin, becoming absorbed somewhere on her chest. I held the sleeping baby close to me, and left the room as quickly and quietly as I could.
Why is it a child!? Do they really have no idea how difficult a child abduction is to pull off!?
I walk briskly through the hallway I just came from. I hear a creak from my right. My eyes widen, and I run, being followed by harsh yells.

Flashback~
Jungkook pov~ 

I cried silently. I can't move, I can't get up, I can't breathe. It hurts so much. I shiver against the cold bitumen road, feeling more of my own blood spurt from my injuries. I cried more, blinded by pain. Everything was so dark, so cold.. I would surely die soon. I sobbed again, shivering against the road in the dark alley.
I had to stay behind after school, for detention. I did nothing wrong, I was walking home when three men confronted me. They started a fight and one of them had a knife..
I cried out at the sudden surge of pain from one of my wounds on my chest. The gash on my neck was leaking faster than I thought possible; blood met my cheek slowly and I gagged from the overpowering smell.
I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to ignore the pain as best as I could. It looks like this is it for me. This is 'curtains' for Jeon Jungkook. 
I didn't hear the footsteps slowly approaching me. A cold hand touches my shoulder, and I cry out, from shock, from surprise, and from pain. I try to look at the person but my vision is blurred by my own blood and I can't see anything. 
"What is your name?" They speak quietly, as if they were afraid of anyone overhearing.
"..Jungkook.." I managed to choke out. I coughed up more blood, sobbing more.
"How old are you?"
"..Almost sixteen.." I sob louder; my wounds are throbbing, and a pain is building from my very centre. 
"Do you want to live?"
What sort of a question even is that..
I try to nod, but I am too weak to. I collapse further into the cold road, tears rolling down my face from the pain.
The person leans down and brushes my hair away from my neck, pulling my jacket out of the way. They bite deeply into my neck and I scream. They pull off quickly, looking down at me with pity. 
My neck burns. My blood burns. What the hell did they do to me..
I scream again, shaking violently. Why does it hurt so much? 
The strange person tries to tell me things but I can't hear him. I sob, still shaking, and that's the last thing I remember.

*Later*

I got up quickly, looking around. I'm on a couch.. in someone else's house. I look down at my clothes - I'm wearing the same ones as before, my blood drenched school uniform. I feel over my chest and stomach, searching for the wounds that inflicted such bleeding. But there are no wounds, no pain..
I gape. Am I dead? Is this what it's like to be dead?
I hear a chuckle behind me. "No, you're not dead. Jin turned you."
I gulp, facing the person nervously. "Jin..? Turned..?"
They simply nod, grinning softly. He has bright orange hair that compliments his entire face. He's probably a hippy or an addict of some kind.. 
He opens his mouth, and points at his fangs. I look at him horrified, and quickly feel inside my own mouth.
Oh my god..
What has Jin done to me!?
The person with bright hair frowns. "He saved you. Stop acting like its the end of the world."
I look at him, horrified. 
What even am I?