Chapter twenty-nine

Inori pov~

Bright lights flash across my vision over and over. Squinting, I held my hand up to cover my eyes, the lights burning me.

Chains..

The sound of footsteps start to approach me and I move my hand away, squinting around, trying to see anything at all. The flashing lights finally stop.

I look up, seeing only half a person through my damaged vision. I reached my chained hands towards them, trying to get a better look.

The person sniffled, glancing behind them. "She's almost ready."

Ready?

Just as quickly as the person had appeared, they disappeared. Frowning, I tugged on the chains binding me to the floor, trying to remember what happened and how I got here.

How long have I been passed out for, I wonder..?

My eyes fluttered open quickly and I took a quick glance around at where I was. I was nestled in Jungkook's chest, my ear resting right over his heartbeat. Not in a dark room, not with a strange person..

His hand lightly stroked my hair every now and then. Groaning silently, I searched for the strength to get up. He looked at me in surprise, his eyes blotchy red and watery.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him puzzled, brushing off the snow from my legs.

He simply sobbed to himself and pulled me closer.

"How long was I..?"

"I'm sorry." He sobbed, clinging onto the back of my neck tightly, refusing to let me go. "I-I shouldn't have.."

I shook my head, brushing him off, my head plagued by dizziness. "I urged you to."

He nodded to himself, wiping his nose with his soaked sleeve, looking down at his lap. I sat up, glancing at him nervously, dregs of my own blood etched onto his lips. He leaned forward to kiss me and I grimaced, leaning away at the sight of the blood staining his lips. Jungkook realized quickly, wiping it off with a pale hand.

My hand traveled to my neck, feeling the smooth skin. "Where are the marks..?"

"I healed them."

"Why?"

"You would have bled out if I didn't."

I nodded to myself nervously, the dizziness finally starting to leave. "What does it feel like for you..?"

His eyes instantly turned dark red and I shriveled back where I sat, slightly afraid. His tongue emerged, travelling painfully slowly over his plump delicate lips. "It's ecstasy.."

Those primitive eyes met mine and I flinched away a little more. In a flash, his normal eye color returned and I shifted closer, feeling reassured again. He trembled lightly, resting his hand over my shoulder.

"Aren't you scared..?"

I paused, before shaking my head. "I trust you.. but er, do you need to do it often?"

He answered quickly, tensing up noticeably. "I won't use you for every feeding, even when I want to I'll ask you.."

I gulped, the feeling of nervousness settling back in my stomach. It's funny how people change. A few weeks ago, at the encounter we just had, or even the conversation we're having now, I would have run away. But now I can't imagine doing that. Jungkook matters to me and I don't want to leave him. And now I know that he wouldn't intentionally hurt me. He's hurting inside enough as it is. So I'll stay around him for however long our relationship lasts for.