Chapter sixteen

Jungkook pov~

I choked, rolling over onto my side. Gasping, I held onto my throat tightly, willing myself to stay in control.
Blood.. I want blood..
I cried out, shaking violently where I lay. Her scent was so close, it was torture..
I brought myself to stand slowly, holding onto the wall to support me. I choked up more of my own sickly dark blood.
Blood.. its so close..
I wandered to her room, stumbled inside, and collapsed next to her on her bed. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps..
A voice in my head screamed. I can’t do this, I can’t hurt her.
“Jungkook!” I looked up at Hoseok in surprise. “You can’t even be considering-“
“Shut up.” My voice sounded like a hiss. I’m so thirsty, I can’t hold it in anymore. The best inside is winning.
I pushed aside her hair and bit quickly into her neck. Instantly, sweet relief filled my mouth and I moaned, drinking more and more of her. Hoseok tried to pull me off but I would not let go. She gasped as my fangs pushed deeper into her neck, and she stiffened, tears forming in her wide innocent eyes. I held onto her tighting, ignoring both our trembling, drinking more of her.
“Jung-Jungkook..” She croaked out in a whisper. Tears streamed down her face, sounds and whimpers of pain escaping those perfect lips of hers. I groaned, too engrossed in her taste. She struggled weakly underneath me, and I felt Hoseok try to tug me off. I refused, holding onto her tighter with my fangs, earning shocked cries of pain from her. I then felt something in her neck snap and crunch with each suck. Hoseok yelled out my name but I barely listened. I felt her blood, still flowing smoothly down my throat. The pulse that usually would beat against my lips stopped. Hoseok pulled me off. I looked at her, trying to control the urge to jump back in and pull every last drop of her blood from her small figure.
Her neck.. it’s snapped.. bruising started to taint her perfect porcelain skin, her eyes becoming more and more empty.
I screamed. Someone shook me awake vigorously. I looked up at Taehyung, the image of her battered and broken lifeless figure still printed in my vision, tainting everything my eyes landed on.
He frowned, looking straight at me. “What were you dreaming about?”
I shook him off, sitting up in my bed, still trembling. I brought one hand through my sweat-soaked hair, covering my eyes. “It’s n-nothing..”
He scoffed, sitting beside me. I cleared my throat nervously, feeling the burn. He looked directly at me, before taking off his jumper, exposing the soft sweet skin of his own neck. I looked at him in shock.
“You can if you want. I know what you dreamt of.”
I slowly nodded, closing my eyes. The burn in my throat grew, and I latched onto Taehyung, drinking as much of his blood as I could hold. He grunted, trying to stay relaxed. I pulled more and more thick blood into my mouth, trying to forget the taste of her blood. The craving for Inori worsened and I groaned, drinking more. Taehyung tasted the best of the vampires here, though I wasn’t sure why. I sobbed to myself, hating the fact that I can’t stop dreaming of killing her, and that I can’t stop wanting to hurt her. He rested his hand on the back of my neck, trying to be reassuring. I pulled off him and looked deeply into his eyes. Red eyes into weak, pale blue eyes. He blinked with exhaustion, before collapsing fully onto my bed. I freaked out, trying to wake him up. Picking him up, I brought him back to his own room, leaving him to rest to slowly recover, a single thought remaining in my shaken mind.
What if I killed Inori for real..?

Inori pov~

You should get up..
That annoying voice in my head spoke up yet again. I scoffed at it, surprised some part of my mind would even suggest something like that.
Daria..
She’s gone. If I was there earlier, would she still be alive right now?
I sobbed, clinging tighter onto the blanket wrapped around me. I tried to push these thoughts from my head. My eyes wandered over to the clock on my wall, ticking away so deafeningly from the lack of any other noise in the house.
6:27pm, huh..
I sniffled, closing my eyes. I locked myself in my room just around this time some two days ago. I only ever left to use the bathroom or get food. My dad hadn’t spoken a word to me, which upset me even more. Couldn’t he even tell how I felt with Daria being gone? She meant so much more to me than anyone else in this world.
I glanced over at the neon pair of shoes I have, the ones that match hers. They stayed, lying so carelessly tossed on the floor. I closed my eyes.
Coming here was a mistake. I regret leaving, I regret begging Daria to come with me. I hated my parents so much for splitting up, for causing her death.
Right on cue, my dad walked into the room, with a plate of food. He passed it to me. I ignored him. Sighing, he left it on my dresser, walking out. I looked at the food with bloodshot teary eyes, refusing to even think about eating despite the fact I’ve been starving since early morning. I wiped my nose, cracked and dry. Another sob escaped my lips.
Jungkook.. please stop the pain..