Chapter twenty-five

Inori pov~

This book is terrible.
I scoffed, shutting it quickly, moving my gaze towards my neon shoes resting at the other end of the couch. Why did I even pick it from the library? It's so soppy and romantic and I can't stand books from this genre.
I tossed it onto the counter next to me quickly, refusing to look at it. Now what would I do? I smirked to myself, mildlly amused. 6pm on a Friday night and I have nothing to do. Jungkook was busy; otherwise I would have stayed with him to stay entertained.
Standing, I stretched, making my way over to inspect the fridge. The front door opened and I sharply looked in its' direction, almost fearful what I would see.
"Dad?" It came out as a question but I was happy. He glanced at me once, pulling his bags in through the doorway quickly and locking the front door. I ran up to him, smiling lightly. "I was worried you wouldn't come back for ages."
He nodded as if he wasn't paying attention to me, dumping his bags by the doorway.
I frowned, inspecting his blank expression. "What's wrong?"
"Come." He grabbed my wrist tightly, making me wince. Marching me into my room, he tossed me towards my unmade bed, closing the door.
"What-"
"You're staying here. Permanently."
My eyes shot open in suprise. "What?"
"You're not leaving this room." He stayed, standing, broad-shouldered with his fists clenched, his stony gaze now refusing to leave mine. "Not ever. You're staying in this room."
Too shocked for words, I stuttered, muttering something about school. He shook his head dismissively. "Homeschool."
I glanced away, my eyes now filled with tears, confused beyond words. "But what about my friends?"
He laughed. He laughed. "You don't need friends, you need to stay safe."
I stood, angry, facing up to him for the first time. "You can't run my life!"
"Inori," He glared, his voice dropping multiple octaves, "sit down."
"Why are you doing this!" 
"To keep you safe." He pushed me back onto my bed, still glaring.
"How dare you! I have a life!"
He turned towards the doorway, ignoring the tremble in my voice, angry tears nestled in my eyes.
"I'm not a child! You can't keep me here!"
He whipped around suddenly, his hand poised over the door knob, his voice dangerously low. "You brat. I'm not your father."
I glared at him, speechless. "What do you mean..?"
He sighed as if dealing with a stubborn child. "That birth mark on your stomach. It's not from me." He lifted up his shirt briefly, showing me nothing but a patch of clear tanned skin, not a speck of blue like he'd led me to believe. "You're nothing like me. It's just my job to keep you alive." He glanced away for a moment, before looking at me with eyes like a snakes. "You're nothing more to me than an object to protect."
With that, he left my room quickly, locking it from the outside. I stayed, shaking on my bed, confused and shocked about everything. Panicking, I pulled my shirt up. And, sure enough, the bright blue dot rested just diagonally above my belly button. I sobbed to myself; I hated that birth mark. He'd raised me, reassuring me I wasn't some freak of nature for having it, that he had one like that too. But that was just a lie.
Who are my real parents? What happened to them?
I curled into a ball on my bed, clinging to the mangled blanket over my sheets, sobbing intensely. I don't even know who I am anymore; my 'father' is nothing more than a liar and a sneak.
Jungkook.. am I even real? Are you?

Flashback~
Jungkook pov~

I looked at Taehyung in disgust. He sighed. “You should just drink already and accept what you are now.”
I scowled, holding my stomach tightly, trying to supress the growls of hunger escaping. I gasped; the cravings for blood had now worsened to pain, in my stomach and throat. I winced, trying to hold it in, fully aware of Taehyung’s judging gaze on my efforts.
“What’s the point of going through pain like this? You’re only delaying the inevitable.”
Stiffling a cry, I glared out of him, feeling a small bead of sweat slide down my forehead. “I’m not like you.”
“Really?” He sat back, looking smug, folding one of his legs over the other. “Because to me it looks like you’re starved and you’re denying your existence.”
“I’m human!”
“Idiot. If you were human you wouldn’t be alive now.”
“If I’d known I’d become like this I wouldn’t have let Jin touch me.” Wincing yet again, I curled inwards, fighting the stabbing pains overcoming every other feeling in my body.
Within a moment, Taehyung had me pinned against the wall, not a hint of the bright blue left in his eyes. Only red remained, and it seemed to swirl and mingle in his eyes. “Don’t you dare..,” He breathed out, his fangs visible, “say a single insult about Jin.”
I choked, trying to pry his hand off my throat. With every blink, I could see light stars and I couldn’t breathe. He let go reluctantly, watching me fall to the floor, gasping for breath. Snarling, he kicked me right in the stomach, making me groan and spit up blood.
“I forgot how ignorant you guys are as soon as you’ve been turned. You should be grateful. Don’t you know how many people would do anything for a chance like yours?”
“I d-didn’t want to be l-like this..” I coughed up again, my now black blood staining the white floor tiles.
He grabbed my roughly by my hair, pulling me to stand once again. I looked at him weakly, through half-lidded eyes. “Just drink.”
Before I could protest again, he scraped his own nail against the side of his neck, blood quickly shooting down his neck and soaking his shirt. His hand still gripping my hair, he brought my face to his neck. I breathed in the tantalizing smell, feeling an urge I’ve never felt before. Not when I was human, at least..
“Drink.” He stated it again. “Or I’ll beat you up.”
Hesitantly, I leaned closer to his neck, sniffing the sweet scent. Instantly, my fangs extended, sinking themselves in his soft pale flesh, lapping up all the blood I could. Shaking, my vision clouded over red and shame filled me.
I don’t want to be this..