Chapter fifty

Flashback~

Taehyung pov~

"Let's do this," Hoseok whispered to me, "as quietly as possible okay?"

"But why?" I wined it out, my sharp grin falling off my face. "Hyung, he deserves to suffer."

"I know that," He whispered again, pulling me by my sleeve behind a bush. "You know that. We all know that. But the fucker," he gestured all around us, "decided to get a home in a neighbourhood. And you know what that means, Tae? It means cops can and will get involved if we're too loud."

I pouted. "But I was looking forward to watching his throat rip open from screaming so much."

He frowned as depression clouded over his features. "This is revenge. I don't get how you're so happy."

I shrugged, loosening his death grip on my sleeve which was sure to have stretched it uncomfortably far, and looked at the front door of the house we'd be kicking down in mere minutes. "I've never had a fight like this. I'm pretty nervous."

He laughed at that, and my own eyes crinkled in a smile.

"Seriously, though," I nudged his shoulder for extra influence, "relax a bit. Stop looking like there's a stick up your ass."

"I lost him, Taehyung!" He forced the words through grinded teeth and I regretted hitting that nerve.

"I know, I know." I spoke in a hushed voice, facing him as desperate tears started brimming in his eyes. "But that's why we're here, isn't it? To avenge Yoongi."

He sniffed and nodded, wiping roughly at his eyes. "Yeah. Vengeance."

"You're a thousand per cent sure Xierro won't come as well, aren't you?"

He almost smiled at the fear in my voice. "You scared of her or some shit?"

I snarled. "Aren't you?"

He giggled. "I'd welcome death above vengeance right now, Taehyung. She's not coming, it's just Ryo dropping off some dirty washing or something."

I pressed my lips together. "Exactly how did you find out about any of this? The house, the details of Ryo coming here?"

"Connections, my friend, connections." He looked at the front door so intensely, I thought for a moment it would fly off its' hinges.

Before I could think of a response, a car engine filled the black silence of the night and I pressed myself as close to the ground as possible behind the shrub, while I could feel Hoseok smirk beside me, hardly moving at all. The car pulled up, and with a firm grip I grabbed the front of his shirt, pulling him as close as possible to the ground, not even caring if I stretched his shirt. If anything, payback for my poor sleeve.

The car door opened and we both squinted to be able to see a tall man, Ryo, stepping out and onto the curb without even as much as a flashlight. I silently craned my neck around, looking for anything he was holding at all, and quietly let out a sigh of relief when I saw a large duffel bag, and judging by the smell from here, it was indeed dirty washing. If he had come here without a purpose, that meant he would've known we'd be waiting for him. As it is, the situation is risky; we don't know what the layout of the house is or what weapons he stores there.

Ryo walked quickly and silently up to the house, fiddling with the front door lock for only a second before he disappeared within, closing the door as quietly as possible.

"Taehyung, grab my hand." He whispered, not removing his eyes from the door.

I cringed and stuck out my tongue a bit in disgust. "Hyung, you're handsome and everything, but I'm not gonna kiss you, you're not the right man for me."