Chapter forty-five

Jungkook pov~

I moulded my mouth perfectly to hers, her body quickly melting in my arms as she surrendered to my kiss. I licked at the corners of her mouth, primal hunger and lust controlling my actions. My throat burned for something I could only get from her, but I didn't want her to feel used. She was loved and I refused to let myself bite her until she was satisfied with the kiss. I pressed harder against her lips, growling as her hands latched onto my lower back, clawing at the skin. I pushed my tongue into her mouth, dominating her within a moment while my arms wrapped around her small form, holding her perfectly in place.

She pulled off, gasping slightly for air and I gave her a glance with my deep red eyes before I crashed my mouth back to hers, making her claw at my skin even fiercer. The pleasurable sting drove me wild and I swore under my breath as I slid my mouth away from hers, down her jaw until my mouth rested over her neck. I sank my fangs in slowly, clinging onto her harder as she gasped and writhed a little under my hold. She didn't struggle; she stood there as I gulped down her thick blood, moaning at the familiar taste I'd missed so badly all this time. She whimpered as her knees grew weak but I held her up, frowning slightly to myself. She's endured losing more blood than this before, she shouldn't be so weak already.

I sucked harder still, trembling in excitement. Words couldn't even begin to describe how badly I've wanted to do this since I got her back, yet I had to wait until the right time. That time was now and I savoured every single drop.

"J-Jungkook-" She stammered under me, too weak to barely finish speaking my name. With a heavy groan I pulled off, pressing my lips to the mark, healing it instantly. I looked at her face, observing how pale she was and how tightly she clung onto me, her eyes too far and distant to focus on anything.

"Babe?" I stepped away from her a little, gasping as she stumbled and started to fall. I caught her as best as I could and pulled her against my body, letting her lean on my chest for support. "Love, what's wrong?"

She shook her head slightly as I brushed a single lock of her hair behind her ear. "N-nothing. I'm okay."

I let her go reluctantly. "Are you sure?"

Inori nodded, gaining the strength to finally stand on her own away from me, still looking pale and weak. "I'm going to start making lunch."

"I'll help you."

"It's okay." She smiled and I couldn't help but return her happy gaze. She turned on her heel and slowly walked out, heading towards the kitchen. I watched her carefully as she walked away, still not entirely convinced she's alright. My feet ached in my shoes and I gave in, stepping quickly towards the kitchen to follow her. There she was, cutting board and a large knife in one hand and a capsicum in the other. I buried my hands in my pockets, trying not to act too suspicious.

"What are you making?"

She glanced up at me mindlessly, her eyes still dazed as she laid the board onto the bench. "A stir fry. You should go sleep, you look tired."

I shook my head, clamping my jaw shut in that very second to prevent the yawn from leaving my mouth. At the mere mention of sleep or rest I got sleepy, same with at the mere mention of food I became impossibly hungry.

She started cutting up the capsicum and I sat in a chair at the breakfast bar across from her, watching her every movement. "I can help, I don't mind."

She shook her head, smiling once while she continued to cut up the vegetable carefully. "It's fine. I like cooking so I'm glad you can at least eat it." She flashed me a mischievous grin before poking the pout resting on my face. She turned away, knife and some shredded capsicum, in hand before making her way over to the stove. She dropped the capsicum into a warming pan on the stove and started to step back.

"What else are you going to put with it?" It was boring conversation but conversation nonetheless. She just shrugged to herself, already cutting up the other half of the capsicum. She stepped off to pop it into the pan and now it made a sizzling sound. A smile formed on her face and I watched her, completely unaware that she got so much joy from such a small thing.

Yet, when she faced back to me and began walking, she tripped and started to fall. My eyes widened as I followed the knife still in her hand. The sharp object hit the floor first and she fell on top of it with a scream.

I bolted from my chair, rushing down to look at her, blood staining the tiles and more flowing out faster than her tears of pain. I gulped as panic shot through my body and I tried to gingerly lift her up, scared that if I moved her too much she would feel more pain.

It didn't stab her, not directly all the way through. It just made a horrible thick cut across her stomach.

"What's going on?" Taehyung bolted into the kitchen, stopping in his tracks with his jaw hanging wide open at the sight of her bleeding and trembling on the floor, tears still falling from her eyes.

I kissed her forehead sweetly, ignoring Taehyung completely. "It's okay, sh." I whispered the same thing to her over and over as I picked her up like a bride, strutting to my room that I wish she'd never left. She stopped sobbing and another bolt of panic raced through me; she's already low on blood and if she bleeds much more there'll be nothing left.

I couldn't let my panic get the better of me. I had to stay as calm and reassuring as I could, for her.

I ripped off her shirt in a flash, more blood quickly seeping through. I grabbed a handful of tissues and applied them to the large angry cut, trying my hardest to block out her scream as her legs moved themselves involuntarily from the pain. I held her down, concentrating my hardest on restoring her blood. I don't have enough energy left to heal her.

Within a second it worked and I let go, watching a single layer of skin crust over the wound as her breathing became heavier, her eyes snapping shut into a trembling sleep. I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing she will be okay.

"What the fuck was that?" Hoseok stepped into my room, arms crossed with an open-mouthed Taehyung at his side.

I stood after placing a blanket over her now-sleeping figure, a tiny part of me self-conscious about them seeing her in such a state. "She didn't heal on her own."

Hoseok scoffed, glaring at me. "I told you it's not long term. She's human now, she's weaker. She's more vulnerable."

Before I could speak he turned and left the room in a huff, Taehyung scrambling to be by the side of his elder. I let out a small sob, looking at her weak form, her chest rising and falling at a slower rate again.

What have I done to you?