Chapter seventy-four

Jungkook pov~

It was so dark, yet I could see clearly as if the room was basked in light. My eyes opened wide onto my ceiling, the old peeling plaster staring right back at me. I can't remember what I was doing last, and the very thought of recollecting the past made my head buzz painfully.

I shot up in my bed, the twisted sheets hindering my efforts for a moment. My room as exactly as it should be, as its always been; somewhat a catastrophe, faded paper falling off the walls and all sorts of clothes dotting the floor and hanging off cupboards, evidence of my laziness to put things away despite the immortal timeless life I was granted.

I turned, trying to sense if anyone else was in the house. Something was wrong with my head, and I had to ask Jin about it.

But I could feel nothing, none of my brothers were here. Unusual at best.

Stiffly, I stepped out of my bed, and the moment a single foot touched the floor, everything in my sight disappeared and faded out to white, but I didn't fall onto where the ground should be in absence of my bed, I stayed floating in the air.

What the fuck is going on!?

I tried to call out and use my voice, but no sound passed my lips which only made me panic even more. Everything seemed too familiar, the empty white space I was only just in, but the nagging in the back of my mind turned into a pounding ache, and I groaned to myself, clutching the hair on either side of my face in an attempt for it to stop even for one moment.

"The truth never stops."

I knew that booming voice, and sure enough when my head whipped up, she was standing just a little out of my reach, calm to the point of almost looking distant and untouchable.

"I am untouchable. I am just a thought."

Sero, what's going on?

"You can use your words now. I just didn't want you to scream or yell and give me a headache from it."

I groaned again, giving up on making the pain disappear. "Did you make my head hurt like this?"

She shrugged. "Yes and no. It's not every day that I pull someone from reality, and it's not every day you get pulled."

Her confusing words only made my head hurt more and I silently pleaded for it to just leave me in peace. She laughed then, without real amusement.

"You are far from peaceful."

"Why am I here? Are you going to educate me on the importance of yoga to clear one's mind?"

She sneered, making a face as if she'd just smelt something unpleasant. "You've ruined your second chance already, you idiot."

I rested in the silence, trying to recover. There was no fucking way it was over already. Sero persisted, digging in the hurt and the panic even further into my soul with a roll of her eyes.

"I can see already, how stubborn you're going to be about this. You've doomed the girl already, Jungkook."

"N-no, it's only just restarted, I still have to save her-"

"You've already messed everything up," her booming voice rang in my skull, trapped inside my head. "You didn't hit her at school this time, your kindness has already ruined your chances; your mercy has already killed her."

"But I don't want to hurt her!" I yelped and wailed, anxiety shooting through the roof. "I made her scared of me last time, I didn't want to have to put her through that again-"