Chapter fifty-seven

Inori pov~

My stomach rumbled under Jungkook's arm that was draped over me, and he awoke with a start, hand gripping into my side painfully.

"Its fine, I'm just hungry," I reassured him, offering a smile and a gentle stroke of his cheek, which was almost completely healed now with only a few dots of scab left.

He shivered and moved his arm away, although his forehead was sheened with sweat and the blankets closest to him were completely soaked. "You should go eat, I'm hungry too."

"Do you want me to bring you back something?"

His eyes closed as he nodded his head once, his right shoulder twitching. I leaned over to see how it was healing, and he groaned. "Cookies, if we have any left. How bad does it look?"

Half of his hand had been weaved back together, stopping right before the knuckle joints of each finger. I forced a smile, and part of me was glad it had healed this far. "You don't have fingers yet."

He cursed, refusing to look down at it, a small grunt of pain escaping through his clenched teeth, the swirling freezing for a second.

"I'll be back soon, I promise." I pecked his pale lips that were too weak return my affection, and scurried out of the room, my right hand throbbing as if it had pins and needles. The house felt so incredibly empty, with only Taehyung and myself well enough to move, so the kitchen was messy but deserted. I started rummaging through packets, looking for any food we had left, excitedly clinging onto the last packet of cookies, my mouth watering already. A small crash pulled my attention towards the hallway, a pile of plates smashed and on the ground.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" he stuttered, before he looked up at me.

It was Jimin, and he looked terrible.

"You should be resting!" I scolded him, dropping the cookies haphazardly on the counter, rushing to help him stand. His hair was filled with sweat and his entire body shook with the effort to stand.

"Where's Taehyung?" I asked him, yet the only thing I got in response was dead silence and a painfully hard grip on my shoulder. I guided him over to a kitchen chair, far away enough from the smashed plates. I bent back down, carefully picking up the larger chunks of the ruined dinnerware.

"How did you get out of Jin's room?" His voice was weak and his eyes were hardly open.

I paused. How did I get out?

"I dunno," I breathed, collecting more pieces of the plates. "I heard Umai yelling and I wanted to get to her so I did?"

"You shouldn't have been there. It was locked from the outside."

I tutted, walking over to put the chunks of glass into the bin. "Why are you worrying about this when you're barely healed?"

"Jimin!" A voice yelled and my entire body jumped, a single edge from one of the broken pieces scratching my hand on the way down. I spun around to see Taehyung striding in, worry written all over his face. "I told you to stay in the room, you scared me, god.."

The dark-haired boy didn't even attempt to respond, instead both his and Taehyung's head rose to look at me with hunger all over their faces.

"Sorry," I muttered, flicking on the tap to wash the dripping blood away.

"Come on, let's go..," Taehyung cooed, supporting Jimin as he stood, trying to coax him back to the room he'd been almost comatose in for days.

Once they'd left the kitchen, I scooped up as many of the small pieces of the shattered plates as I could, dumping them into the bin without any more scratches. I inspected the gash on the inside of my palm, letting out a frustrated sound once I saw it was bleeding everywhere. I washed it off again under the tap and wrapped a few tissues around it as a big dodgy band-aid.