Chapter six

Taehyung pov~

The others left the nursing office. Jungkook stayed behind out of concern for the human. I sniffed at her neck, immediately feeling my fangs protrude out of my mouth. I snarled sharply and forced myself to turn away. I can feel Jungkook's eyes on me warningly.
I reached over and dampened a white cloth, then dabbed it on her neck gently. Immediately the blood, still fresh, soaked into the cloth. I wiped as much as I could from her shirt, skin and hair. The school uniform was dark navy here anyway, the rest would come out as soon as she washed it. I moved down to her wrists, feeling them softly to make sure nothing was broken. I could feel Jungkook's absent-minded gaze on me, and I ignored him as best as I could.
"Taehyung.."
I looked up at the fledgeling questioningly. His eyes were peeled onto the human, pale green and unblinking.
"Her neck.." He bit his lip. I glanced at her neck, before going back to her wrists. However I forced myself to look again.
Her wound was healing.. It was visibly healing. I gaped. Only vampires had this sort of ability, and she certainly wasn't one. I looked at Jungkook, who was still foolishly mesmerised. He nodded slowly and shyly, knowing what I would ask permission for.
I stood, pushed the hair away from the other side of her neck, and bit in as painlessly as I could. She did not stir beneath me. Her warm rich blood filled my mouth, and like any other human's blood, I could feel myself losing control. I forced myself to pull off, gasping for air. Facing Jungkook, I gave him a puzzled look.
"She is human.."
He nodded slowly, furrowing his eyebrows.
I glanced back at her, seeing the mark I'd just left in her skin slowly start to heal. I made a fist, annoyed. "She's not entirely human. You should be careful."
I wiped the blood of hers I had spilled from her skin and from my mouth, throwing the deeply stained cloth into the bin forcefully. Jungkook frowned and stepped towards me.
"What do you mean she's not human? I saw how you reacted."
I pushed him back from me, glaring unintentionally. "You idiot. I've fed on dozens of humans, I know what she should taste like. She tastes human but she's not. No 'human' can heal like that."
He looked at me shocked, and I immediately felt guilty, a heavy knot working its' way into my stomach. I was close with him, I didn't want to hurt him.
I faced the girl, Inori. Colour was slowly returning to her, and I pointed directly at her. "You almost drained her. Normally it would take two days for that much colour to return. See? Not human."
Jungkook stepped back quizically, unsure what to make of the situation. I ignored him.
"You should talk to Jin. He might have an idea."
"Jin? But he's so-"
"Closed off? I know. You'd understand if he told you."
Jungkook scowled, baring his fangs for a split second. "It's not my fault he won't tell me anything at all about himself."
I shrugged. Telling Jin's story for him is something I'd never do. I don't have a death wish. Jin is the oldest, our leader. He turned Jungkook and dozens of others. He's strong, so we stay close to him for our own good.
Jungkook growled lowly, and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I touched her head gently, and in a second, she forgot ever having meeting me.

Jungkook pov~

I growled at myself, walking to my room, slamming the door. I paced for a little, then chose to sit down, with my hands balled into tight fists.
I'm so weak. What's wrong with me?
I didn't ask for anything like this to start. I know it can't end well. This is why I kept out of other people's business and to myself, this is why I rarely left the house before now. 
That girl. Inori. I will find out more about her.
But her not being entirely human isn't what I'm concerned about.
I'm starting to feel 'things' for this weakling.
The only rule is that we stick together and involve no one else in our business and here I am, breaking it.
But I have to find out more about her, as much as I possibly can. I will get to the bottom of the mystery that is her. I will drag what she is past her rose lips. I will find out everything, even if she grows to hate me.