Chapter nineteen

Inori pov~

“Stay here.” My dad looked at me sternly although I had done nothing wrong.
I sighed. “Where are you going?”
He forcefully pushed his jumper into his bag. “Away.”
“How long for?”
He shrugged. “A while. I’m not sure.”
I frowned. “Why can’t I go with you?”
“It’s dangerous.”
“Less dangerous than leaving your child alone for goodness knows how long?”
He glared at me and I stepped back. My dad has never screamed at me or beaten me before, yet he has that sort of aura that makes you scared that he would.
“Enough, Inori.” He glanced at the bracelet he gave me, still on my wrist, despite the fact that the centre gem was cracked and black so I’m positive it was broken. I fidgeted, moving my hand behind my back before he could get a proper look at it. “I have things to take care of. Don’t get yourself killed.” He glanced at my neck and I shivered slightly.
I glanced away nervously. “Why don’t you tell me things? Like where you’re going?”
He sighed, and walked up to me. “I have to take a plane ride. I don’t know how long I’ll be gone for. If anything happens, just call me.” He pulled me awkwardly into a hug. He’s never hugged me before.
All too soon, he pulled off, gave me one last look, picked up his suitcase and his bag, and walked out the front door briskly.
Although a part of me is cursing him for leaving me alone here, in a town I still don’t know well, another part of me is celebrating. A wide smile came onto my face.
I’ll ask Jungkook to stay the night tomorrow.

Jungkook pov~

I smiled to myself at the thought of Inori. Her perfect smile, her sweet gaze, her soft lips..
I was utterly glad she hadn’t flipped out when I kissed her. I bit my lip in excitement. Maybe she felt something too?
The school bell interrupted my thoughts. I walked out of the bathroom quickly, bubbling with excitement and anticipation. Finally, it was lunch time. I could sit with Inori.
Dashing down the hallway, I ignored the people I bumped into by accident. I had something much more important to concern my mind with. Could I kiss her again?
I sat down nervously at a vacant bench, glancing around for the others. They were nowhere to be seen. I smiled slightly to myself, wondering if Yoongi had told anyone else that I had kissed her. If he had, I probably would gotten teased to no end about it. I sighed to myself. I’d never kissed a girl before, she was my first. I’m glad I chose her.
She sat on my right without speaking. I glanced at her. “Are you okay?”
She nodded slightly before smiling a little. “Here.” She handed me a mango pancake still in its’ wrapper, almost as cold as my hand. I grinned and pecked her cheek as thankyou, making her blush. I could feel her increased heartrate, her own strong pulse going strongly through my ears as if it was my own. She turned her attention to her meal, eating it slowly. I cleared my throat nervously, making her look at me, wide-eyed and surprised.
“Hey Inori.. I really like you so.. would you maybe think about going out with me?”
Her face lit up in a smile. “Sure, I’ll think about it.”
I grinned, shoving a piece of the pancake in my mouth.
Agh. Human food. I forgot.
Don’t gag. Swallow it.
I suppressed the urge to spit out the food now in my mouth. I can’t deal with this much human food at one time. I can feel her eyes on me, her mouth about to open and ask a question I won’t be able to answer. I swallowed, forcing the food down. She smiled lightly.
“I made it this morning.”
I couldn’t help but look at her in shock before grinning. “It’s delicious~”
She giggled as her face turned bright red. Curling her hair behind her ear delicately, she flashed me a smile I’ve never seen before. She looked almost angelic when she was this happy.
My eyes quickly wandered to her bare exposed neck, and not a moment later did the hunger stir in my throat. I pushed another mouthful of the pancake in my mouth to prevent myself from groaning and startling her. The burn worsened and I could feel my eyes starting to be tainted with the red that is the beast inside.
“Jungkook?” She glanced away, back to being nervous. “If you’re free.. do you want to come over tomorrow night? My dad’s out of town for a couple days.” She forced a convincing smile. I gaped, unable to bring my eyes to hers without scaring her. I smiled slightly.
“How about you come over to my place? Some of my friends want to meet you.”
She glanced around, fearful again. I shook my head, understanding why she turned away. “It’s okay, you’ll be safe.”
She smiled lightly, before nodding in agreement. I beamed to myself.
Once again, the fire inside my throat burnt. I groaned, holding my throat. Inori looked at me strangely, trying to figure out what I was doing. I mumbled something about being late, stood quickly, and walked as briskly as I could out of the cafeteria. Stumbling into the bathroom, I gasped for air and for blood.
Hoseok walked in right after me and pulled me into one of the stalls. “You have to practice your self-control when you’re around her. You’ll have to calm yourself down sooner or later.”
His words echoed in my head as he pulled me closer. I pulled aside the collar of his shirt, immediately baring my fangs and digging them into his skin. He whimpered slightly underneath me but I ignored him, drawing out as much blood as I could. He relaxed fully, letting me feast. I groaned in hunger. Soon, he collapsed within my hold. I continued drinking. Even if I drained him of all his blood, he would not die.
Hoseok tasted the best apart from Jin. It’s all to do with power and position. Jin was the strongest, so his blood was like chocolate. Hoseok was the next strongest. Then there followed Namjoon, Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi. I was at the very bottom, naturally, and the only time I’ve been fed off of was on that night Jin turned me into a monster that lurks in the darkness. The amount of emotion you have when you turn has a great deal to do with how powerful you become too, as well as age. Jin’s been through unimaginable things. Hoseok turned for vengeance. Namjoon wanted nothing more than to avenge his fiancé. Taehyung had never been given a fair chance in life, so he wanted nothing more than a fair shot, despite how much he already loathed this world for being so cruel to him. Jimin turned to avenge the cruel death of his brother. Yoongi turned after being beaten senseless by someone who’d plagued him his whole life. I had no reason to turn, nothing to fight, no one to avenge. Jin simply saw me there, shattered and bleeding, and thought I deserved a second chance. Was it purely because I wasn’t even an adult yet? I pushed the thoughts out of my head, enjoying Hoseok’s taste, moaning lightly against his skin.
I can’t help but wonder if everyone would be judgemental if they found out I wanted to date Inori. Vampires aren’t exactly known for their great history when it comes to relationships with humans. I didn’t want to hurt Inori, and I couldn’t bear the thought of killing her. So I’ll try my absolute hardest not to bite her again, for her own sake.