Chapter twenty-one

Unknown pov~

“Cut the bullshit Ryo, you know it has to be done.”
I glared at her. “I don’t remember giving you permission to use my name.”
“Where is she?”
“I left her at home.”
“Why on earth would you do that!?”
“She wouldn’t be ‘safe’ if she came with me here.”
She scoffed, folding her arms. The guy next to me shifted nervously.
“She’s staying with them right now, you know.” She glared directly at me, not a hint of emotion in her voice. “One of them will bite her in a few moments.”
I sighed. That girl cannot stay out of trouble.
Standing, I walked quickly to the control room. I ordered them to eliminate the one that would bite her, Yoongi. And, soon enough, the image of his bleeding gut and the sound of his squeal filled the room. Stiffly, I went back to her. My ex-wife.
“Is it done?”
I nodded, not wanting to have to speak to her.
“When will you tell her?”
“When the opportunity presents itself.”
She scowled again, but a moment later, vanished like smoke into thin air.

Inori pov~

I sighed, walking out of Jungkook's bedroom, barely fully awake. I spotted Yoongi and Hoseok making out in the hallway. Flashing them a look of shock, I continued walking, praying it wouldn't go further than that. Humming to myself, I glanced at Jin, sitting on a chair, book in hand. I smiled lightly, sitting down at the table, still in my pajamas. A moment later, Jungkook sat beside me, a cup of coffee in his hand.
“Do you want some?”
I shook my head. “I’m okay.”
He smiled lightly. “You slept for ages.”
I laughed bitterly, feeling guilty for being too tired to be able to finish the movie he was obviously enjoying. “I didn’t think you’d be one for soppy comedy movies.”
He grinned lightly, taking a light sip of the coffee. “I didn’t think you’d say yes. I could see the disgust on your face.”
Blushing yet again, I hid my face, sliding my hands under the table. As if he took the cue, his left hand travelled under the table, his cool fingers lightly entwining with mine. His thumb stroked the side of my hand lightly, making me giggle, blushing even more.
“I’m curious..” I avoided his gaze, suddenly nervous again. He looked at me blankly, trying to encourage me to keep speaking. “Why are you always so cold?”
He smiled lightly. “I’m not sure. It’s just how my skin is.”
I nodded in understanding. Without warning, someone grabbed me from behind, making me squeal. Jungkook’s fingers tugged themselves away from mine in an instant.
“Yoongi!” He smacked the person, making Yoongi only cackle.
He let go of me and sat next to me, on my left. “Aish I just wanted to cuddle the pretty lady.”
I shivered, still shaken up. His skin was so cold, too..
Jungkook turned to me, asking if I was okay. I nodded lightly, and he made me have a sip of his coffee.
“It’s so good!” I exclaimed, looking at the cup in shock. He simply laughed. Yoongi whined about how Jungkook hadn’t offered it to him, making both of them pout.
“You don’t deserve any, you scared Inori~”
He scoffed and stood up quickly, a mysterious and playful glint in his eye. He walked over to the bench at the kitchen, pulling out a large cardboard box from a draw underneath.
"Jungkook, are you thirsty?"
I glanced at Jungkook. He stood up immediately, rushing towards Yoongi.
"No." He hissed, shooting a dangerous look.  I glanced between them, confused. Yoongi started to pull something out of the box, only to be met by Jungkook's hand, quickly shoving it back inside.
"I said no."
He shrugged, glancing at me, before grinning at Jungkook.
"She doesn't know?" Yoongi whispered, a mischievous look on his face.
"Shut up." Jungkook shoved the box back into the cupboard, looking back at me apologetically.
The others started to crowd around the kitchen. I shrank a little where I sat, back to being scared. Taehyung and Jimin eyed me and I looked at Jungkook again for help. Seeing my nerves, he stepped closer, passing me a donut. I thanked him and started eating it.
"So, how long are you going to stay here for, Inori?" Yoongi asked me, coffee in hand, leaning against the wide window beside the kitchen, the bright early morning light making it hard to look in his general direction. I shrugged, still eating.
"I'll go home pretty soon."
He nodded. Taehyung made coffee for himself, still looking at me suspiciously. I gulped; he hasn't blinked once.
Something smashed. I thought someone had dropped a mug. Yoongi yelled out in pain, bending forward. I stood quickly, panicking and confused.
Jungkook ran to him, holding his hand over Yoongi's bleeding stomach. I stood back quickly, panicking. The window had smashed inwards, glass shards breaking off and into his stomach. Taehyung rushed to his side, lying him down on the ground. I screamed at the sight; pieces of glass and ice shards poked out of his skin, glowing faintly blue. Hoseok came running in, immediately sitting down by the window, holding his lover in his lap.
Why is no one even trying to help!?
"Don't go.." He whispered, silent tears forming down his face.
Yoongi looked up at him, shivering in pain. Before he could respond, his skin became completely covered with a thin layer of frost, those deep eyes became vacant. Jin grabbed my hand and tugged me away, but I couldn't remove my eyes from the small adult's body, his blood staining the whole kitchen. I struggled, sobbing. Jin looked directly into my eyes.
"You have to go home now."
"Why didn't you even try to help him!?"
"There was no point."
I sobbed again, hitting my fists against his chest, trying to push him away from me.
"What is wrong with you? Your friend was just murdered in front of you!"
Jungkook came racing in, pulling me into his arms, his clothes heavy with the stench of blood.
I sobbed against him, pushing him away. “What did that to him?”
They both ignored me. Jin left the room, going back to the kitchen where the sounds of Hoseok’s despair were more than evident.
“You shouldn’t have spoken to Jin like that..”
I hung my head, more confused and torn than ever. “Your friend just died.. how can you not care?”
He looked right at me with teary eyes. “It’s not that I don’t care. There was just nothing that could have helped.”
He stepped towards me. “I can’t let you remember this..”
I looked at him, shocked. “What?”
Instead of talking he pulled me back into his arms, pressing his lips to the top of my head while his hand cupped it from the back. Instantly, a warm sensation and a reassuring voice filled my head and I closed my eyes, too naïve to wonder if it was wise to believe everything he was filing into my head.