Chapter thirty-two

Inori pov~

"Who are you?" I sobbed, tugging on the binds although I knew it was pointless. I was so tired of these dreams, the one thing I couldn't escape from.

"We made you what you are, Inori.." They dragged the whip slowly along the ground, leaving trails of my blood splattered over the dark tiles. I sobbed more, closing my eyes, willing myself to look away from this object that could only bring me more pain.

"It's not our wish to hurt you.." They whispered, before bringing down the whip in the most forceful motion yet. I screamed and dug my nails further into the steel arm rests of the chair, too shocked by the pain exploding on my thighs to notice my own nails crunching and splintering off.

They sighed and I went quiet, trying to convince myself that there was no point in crying. "Why are you doing this.."

Instead of answering, they grabbed onto my hair forcefully, forcing me to look up at that unfamiliar snarling face. "You don't need to know why just yet. You just have to be afraid."

"Afraid of what?" I sobbed out, trying to keep my breaths regular to prevent a panic attack boiling up inside my chest.

"You need to be afraid of what will come if you don't end yourself."

"You're lying!" I spat, holding my eyes shut. "This is nothing more than a dream."

They chuckled, sending shivers of fear down my spine. "Is it? Well then I guess it's a good thing I brought along someone to help convince you."

No. They can't have brought him..

I opened my eyes slowly, squinting around. They let go of my hair, walking over to one of the corners of darkness before pulling someone with them. He was limp, covered in blood, too weak to even walk on his own.

They plopped him down on the ground in front of me and I got a glimpse of his face through my blurred vision.

"Jungkook!" I screamed, sobbing helplessly as I tugged on the binds holding me to this chair once again. He opened his eyes slowly, his breathing coming only in short panicked gasps. He looked directly at my eyes, mouthing my name, before his head sank back down to the ground.

They simply stared at Jungkook's limp form, examining his wounds. "He wasn't too hard to beat. You haven't been feeding him enough?"

I grit in my teeth, anger surging through me. "He has nothing to do with your sick fantasies!"

"This isn't a fantasy, Inori.." They brought down the whip once again and I tensed, trying to block out the pain as screams left my mouth. Jungkook yelled undecipherable words to them, only making them smile more, clearly pleased with themselves.

"Let me show you, what will happen to your little vampire if you continue to live for much longer.." They dropped the whip, stepping closer to Jungkook's weak figure, pulling him to his knees. He cried out, blood oozing out of his wounds. I gulped, wondering how he hasn't bled out by now.

"What are you..-"

Jungkook's eyes met mine as the person placed their hands on his head, one on the underside of his jaw, one on his head, and twisted his hands, creating a horrible crunching sound. I screamed yet again, watching his lifeless form collapse onto the floor, blood still seeping from the countless wounds etched into his skin.

"Believe it yet?" They sighed, wiping their hands covered in his blood over their pants.

I simply sobbed, trying to lean closer to him. He was just lying there, shattered and broken up, his mouth slightly agape as the bright green in his eyes faded until only a dull lifeless grey remained.