Chapter fifty-two

Jungkook pov~

I eyed Inori as she spoke to her sister, slowly bring a cup of blood to my lips. As if I trust that demon who claims to be her sister.

"Favourite color?" Inori asked. Umai seems to have reverted to an excited child at the first second she was able to just talk to her younger sister, and Inori seems really happy too. I'm glad she's not all alone.

"Hmm.. I'll have to say red. You?" Umai crossed her legs and leaned forward on her elbows on the ground facing Inori, and she moved to mimic the exact same position.

"I don't really know," she sighed, glancing at me with a smile that I quickly returned. "I really like soft blues, and light grey and white especially."

"You're so textbook, Inori."

"As if you're any better!" Inori exclaimed, in response Umai stuck out her tongue.

I chuckled quietly to myself, and Inori perked up in notice.

"What are you thinking about?"

The way she looked at me, so curious, her eyes drawn into a slight frown while her bottom lip was wedged between her teeth, only made me shrug off another chuckle as I finished the cup and set it down on the kitchen bench.

"Dunno. What our kids will be like someday, maybe."

She laughed as pink flared on her cheeks, and I grinned the widest I ever have.

"Oh sure, purely innocent thoughts, huh?" Umai cocked an eyebrow up.

I shrugged, still grinning.

"Ew. Inori, go fix his hormones."

I laughed out loud while my girlfriend blushed fiercer, landing a weak push to her sister who merely grinned that devilish fearsome grin.

H-help us, Jungkook.

Taehyung's voice rung in my head and I froze, my smile quickly falling off my face.

Taehyung?

I tried to reach out to him, only to be met with silence. He may be the prankster among us, but he wouldn't allow any of us to think he was injured unless something was really wrong.

"What's wrong baby?" Inori's hands glided up my chest, coming to rest around my neck.

"Nothing, love..," I smiled, gently moving her hands away from me. "Stay here okay?" I shot a warning glare to Umai as a silent message for her to look after Inori, as I dashed out the kitchen in search for Jin.

I checked the library, his room, and a handful of other rooms I could think of, yet I could not see him.

"Jimin!" I shouted, and the shorter boy came running. "Where did Jin go?"

He shrugged, digging his hands into his pockets. "Last I saw of him he was reading. Why?"

"I heard Taehyung call for help," I mumbled, fidgeting with a loose thread on the bottom of my plain white shirt. "I'm sure it's nothing."

"He went out to follow Jin." He rubbed an itch on his nose. "They could have gone for a walk or something."

I nodded. That was perfectly reasonable. Or.. Jin could have gone after Ryo, and knowing the idiot Taehyung was, he would have followed like a lost puppy trying to play the hero.

"I need to go, don't leave the house okay?"

Jimin whined out a series of questions asking why, but I was already out the front door, sniffing hard on the air for a hint of Jin's or Taehyung's blood. I might not know where Ryo lived, but if I could track down their scent, I could help them.