Chapter 2: Maria Eleonor

Maria Eleonor

5 years ago

It's been two months since the day that I ran away from our home. There are a lot of things that I learned when I went to the countryside with Gabriella. Everything is different when I was at my father's residency. When I came to this place I was greeted with the smiles of the people in here.

"Maria! The food is ready. Come here and let's eat" I heard Gabriella's voice downstairs. I smell some unfamiliar but appetizing smell in the kitchen, I didn't bother to hide my smile when I heard my tummy growled because of hunger.

"I'm coming!' I quickly replied.

There are so many things that I discovered from the angel who brought me here. Gabriella has a little brother who is three years older than me. Just like Gabriella, Gabriel has a magnificent look. The siblings look like an angel who came down from heaven.

The siblings own acres of farmlands here and the people who are living on their owned land are their employers. I can say that they are wealthy because their business seemed to be in good shape. In addition, the one who is managing it is really intelligent. 

They could get a title because of this. Gabriel could become a Baron if he wants to. 

As an aristocrat who grew up in a noble society, I wonder why they don't want to be involved with the aristocrats. It can help them in some ways...

"What are you thinking Maria?" I snapped away from my thoughts when Gabriella spoke. "You seemed to be in deep thought. Do you miss home?" She asked. "If you do, then don't worry I understand you"

"No... I don't miss home" I replied in a monotonous tone. I clutched my fist when I remember my life in that household. 

Even if I could still not forgive and forget the person who made my life miserable and empty. At least I am now satisfied with my life. I'm still wondering how did I end up like this?

Do I deserve this chance? Aren't I wicked?

I am still afraid that my bad behaviour would still be taken by me and cause Gabriella a bigger problem. Now that I found my new Home. I hope that everything about me could progress in a better way.

I would be lying if I will say I haven't forgotten my past wickedness. Sometimes, I could still vent some of my wicked deeds on Gabriella. I am just glad that she is patient.

'As long as you're trying your best, I will be patient'

The two of us fell in silence.

"I see" Gabriella smiles at me as she placed a plate in front of me. "I don't miss my original home too. Just like you, we ran away from home"

Those sentences caught my interest. "You ran away too?"

"Uh-huh. Me and my brother ran away from our home, that home is f*cked-up anyway, If we didn't run. I'll be sold to an old man" My eyes went wide when I heard her unpleasant words.

If there is something to take note from this woman, It is her barbaric actions. Do not be fooled by her angelic features. She is an Angel with barbaric behavior, and I think I'm getting used to it.

"So you ran away from home?"

"Yes. Me and my brother survived because of my wit and knowledge" Gabriella shamelessly stretched her body in front of me. "Let me tell you a secret. A lot of new inventions that those merchants were selling today came from my knowledge"

"What do you mean?" I curiously asked.

"Have you heard a guitar?" She asked me. I quickly nodded my head when I heard that magnificent instrument. A musician once performed with that instrument on the king's birthday. The sound of that instrument is soothing that I cannot forget it in my mind.

"I was the one who gave the idea of instrument 'guitar' to a certain musician" Gabriella announced. "I heard that he received a lot of gifts from the king when he played that instrument on his majesty's birthday"

"R-really? Y-you know that famous Musician?" 

"Yes, Actually he will go here next month" She replied to me "How about the bicycle? have you heard about it?"

"Don't tell me...'

"Yes, the idea of that transportation also came from me. Are you shocked?"

"I am!"

"I have one in the storage room. I just don't frequently use it because I am too lazy to move" 

"Bragging about your laziness. Stand up and talk to the merchant's guild! Leonardo talked to me. They said the recipe of your soap has some problem. Go away and solve it" A man with midnight-black hair suddenly entered the room.

He sat beside me while glaring at his sister.

"Little brother. You're home. Sit down and eat." 

"The merchant guild is--"

"Yah! I heard you, alright? I am not a deaf" Gabriella motioned her hands to her brother from talking. "I'll deal with it later. Can we eat first? I think the goddess beside you already hungry" 

I cleared my throat when Gabriella told me that. I am immune to compliments, but her praises for me hit me differently. It sounds genuine.

"Tsk" I glanced at the man sitting beside me. When he noticed that I am looking at him, he raised his brows. "What?" He arrogantly asked. I frowned because of his behavior. 

He is the first person who treated me arrogantly.

But at least his eyes are pure, unlike the mocking gazes that are coming from those nobles. I couldn't help but smile. My life is starting to change. I am happy because I think I choose the right way in my second life.

To eat with the people like them, even though they are lack of table manners gave me a satisfying feeling. 

I picked up my spoon and fork to taste the unfamiliar food. "What is this Gabriella?" I asked as I elegantly bit meat on the dish. It tastes wonderful but very different from the dishes that I ate at the mansion. The sauce is really tasty that it could boost my appetite. "This is tasty"

"Do you want me to teach the recipe to you?" She asked. I quickly nod my head as my answer.

"Lil'bro when will the rice be delivered here? I'm craving for it"

"The ship was delayed due to a storm, but it'll probably come next week"

"Hmmph! If you are only not greedy eating rice, our rice could've survived for this week! Foolish brother"

"Says the one who can eat a lot!"

I can't help but giggle while watching the sibling fights in front of me... So, this is a family.

A smile appeared on my face, my father did not love me, but he took care of me even if I am an illegitimate child. I wonder if my father and I could eat as a family one day.

I wonder if his life is still the same after I ran away from our home.