Chapter 46: Don't Mess With Me

I will never ever... drink again.

I swear it in the name of the medallion that I abused.

A fake smile appeared on my face as I welcomed uncle Henzel with an awkward smile. Uncle Henzel smiled at me after I poured the tea that I brewed for him. 

"How are you uncle? I heard that you passed out yesterday?" I told him with a nervous smile on my face. "Are you feeling well?" I asked softly.

Butler Nico who was standing beside me cleared his throat when he heard what I said. I can't help but secretly bit my lips in guilt. I can still remember what happened yesterday in the garden.

I almost committed a serious crime... and I did it in front of my father.

It was a good thing that Gabriel is always ready. He made uncle Henzel drink a healing potion and forgetting potion that's why uncle Henzel doesn't have a recollection of what had happened earlier.

I wish brother Gabriel made me drink forgetting potion as well. 

I am currently dying in shame and guilt.

"Don't worry, I am well," Uncle Henzel replied to me with a calm tone. "But somehow, it feels like I have forgotten something. Maybe it's because of my age."

My face became pale as I glanced in Nico's direction. The butler shrugged his shoulder as his gaze went away. I sigh as I immediately returned my gaze to my Uncle Henzel as I smiled fakely at him.

Actually, part of my actions was my uncle's fault too.

If he didn't insult my lovely mother... none of it will happen.

Even if I am not drunk at that moment, I will make sure to teach my uncle a lesson. Not only does he insult my mother, but he also insulted my little brother! 

My blood boils when someone speaks bullsh*t about my family.

When I was a child, Uncle Henzel was the kindest uncle in my eyes. He'll always give me treats, pat my head, and spoil me. My uncle is even close to my mother. whenever he needs help, he will run and look for my mom instead of my father.

I don't know what changes him.

But I won't tolerate it again if he insults my mother and brother again.

"What are you saying, Uncle? You are still young and looking healthy. I guess you're stronger than an average man of your age," I flattered him with my fake bright smile. "By the way, I haven't seen you in a while, I wonder how's my cousin?"

"Oh, your cousin? Do you mean Riego? He's alright, he's currently studying at the Royalties University, he will visit at the end of the week. Do you want to meet him?" Uncle Henzel told me. "I can remember that you were his favorite playmate when he was a child."

"Yes, yes, Riego is such a sweet child, it was good to hear that he grows into a fine man," I told to my uncle.

Riego is my cousin from Uncle Henzel. That child is cute and lovely just like my brother Gabriel, the thing is, Riego is sweeter than my brother. As far as I could remember, Riego is one of the children who promised to marry me.

That was a cute memory.

But come to think of it, why do children love to propose to me?

Geez, thinking about it makes my head hurt, ugh.

"Indeed, Riego grew into a fine man," Uncle mumbled but I felt that his tone changed. "A man suitable to be called a Velasquez. My son worked hard to be acknowledged by the elders, they said that he could be a great head of our manor if he's your father's child."