Chapter 43: Yohan's Reward

Just you know...

I sometimes wonder where Lulu has learned those words that cause misunderstanding. 

Maybe I should start to properly discipline him with his words. I can't spoil and adore him forever you know...

But today I'll let it slide.

I nodded at Leonardo as I carried my little Lulu in my arms. The child's sharp eyes were still on Leonardo who was also observing Lulu. I raised my other hand to pat the child's head to grab his attention.

"Don't worry, that loud uncle will go away now," I said to Lulu who was now glancing at me. "My poor Lulu, because of a Merchant's loud mouth, the baby woke up, shall we go to sleep again?" I asked.

Lulu pouted his lips as he rested his cute little cheeks on my shoulder.

"Mama shouldn't let other boys to enter her room," Lulu mumbled as his eyes went back to Leonardo. Once again, the jewel in his forehead glowed. "Uncle Gabriel will nag you if he finds out and the white-haired unc---."

"White-haired....?" I asked

A memory of a handsome white-haired da-- person, kissing my hand with his lips suddenly entered my mind. I quickly shook my head when I felt that my cheeks burned red. Why am I even thinking about that?

Lulu became silent while staring at me.

"Hahaha."

My eyes went to Leonardo when I heard him laugh. Leonardo covered his lips as he tried to stop his laughter, but he failed. Instead, his laughter became louder which made Lulu and me frown. 

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.

Leonardo glanced at me.

"Nothing, it's just amusing that Lulu actually acts like Gabriella," Leonardo told me. "If I am a stranger, I'll probably think that you are actually a mother and son duo."

"I wonder if Lulu is a Velasquez---"

THUG!

My eyes went wide when a bolt of lightning struck in Leonardo's direction, However, before the lightning hits on Leonardo, the Merchant immediately jumped in his reflexes.

Terror was written on my face while looking at Leonardo with my mouth gaped. I hugged my Little Lulu tightly while looking at Leonardo's petrified face.

W-what the heck?

A bolt of lightning...

"Hahaha. Did I just..." Leonardo mumbled with a pale face.  "Did I just almost die?"

"Y-yes..." I mumbled stiffly. "I'm surprised that you actually dodged that..."

"Hearing that from you, I don't if I am just lucky or not..."

"Heaven must be punishing Uncle," I heard Lulu speak.

"P-probably..." I agreed, but my eyes immediately glanced at Lulu when I realized what he just said. "Lulu, where did you learn that?" I asked before glancing at the child.

Lulu didn't answer me, instead, he leaned his little face on my shoulder before wrapping both of his hands on my neck. 

I glanced at Leonardo who was observing Lulu in my arms, it seemed like he quickly recovered from the lightning incident a while ago. The merchant took a deep sigh before fixing his wrinkled suit. 

"Ahem, what a terrifying lightning," Leonardo cleared his throat. He fixed his eyeglasses as his mannerism before turning his eyes on me. "I think I should leave now," He told me. "But before that, I must tell you one more thing, Gabriella."