Chapter 47: The Prisoner

Evan's deadly eyes were directed to the man who had golden hair and pair of dragon wings on his back. Hostility was written on the Duke's face which made the golden-haired man smirk. The Duke bald his fist into a clinch.

"It's been 17 years, my old friend," Ayan, the late tyrant king, told to the Duke with a large smile on his face. 

The Late king tried to stretch his arms out of the barrier but a great force stopped him which made a crackling sound. The disappointment was written on his face, but it suddenly disappeared when he glances at the large crack in the barrier.

It was the crack that was made by Lucius.

If Ayan wanted to escape, he needed to gain a little power to destroy the barrier that imprisons him completely.

He only had a few months to do that. Fortunately for the previous king, fixing the crack on the barrier needs a lot of time and mana. Evan will have to stay in this place for months to completely fix the barrier.

And months are enough to seize the opportunity of escaping.

Evan decided to ignore Ayan who was observing him. Instead, he immediately started with his task. A white glow appeared in his hands as he touched the invisible mana that divides the Mystical forest from their kingdom.

The Barrier started to seep Evan's mana which almost exhausted him, but despite pouring almost all of his mana to fix the barrier, the crack didn't even budge and it remained large. 

Ayan's phoenix eyes observe the cold expression of the Duke.

"How is your daughter?" He suddenly asked with a smirk. "The last time I saw her, she was only 3 years old. What was her name again? Maria Eleonor? Such a beautiful and pure name for a woman. It's ironic that the person who gave her that name wasn't all pure."

Evan's eyes suddenly glowed as he glared at the prisoner inside the 'Mystical Forest', but the fallen golden dragon didn't even budge upon receiving that glare. Ayan sat on a large stone with a mocking smile on his lips.

"I was surprised when you took the responsibility for her child," Ayan told him with a meaningful gaze. "I sent her to assassinate you, but I didn't know that she'll fall for your charm and bed you."

Evan clenched his fist before placing his palm on the barrier. Behind his empty cold eyes were annoyance and irritation.

"That's quite disappointing. It seems like your bloodline will continue for more years thanks to that wh*re."

Unpleasant memories started to flash in Evan's mind which left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"I gave her that drug to assassinate you, but I didn't know that---"

"That's Enough," he told him coldly. "You've become quite talkative, You're annoying."

"Such rudeness, my ex-loyal retainer. I have no one to accompany me, of course, I'd be happy that you actually visited me," Ayan cackled.  "It will be more entertaining if you brought me a beautiful woman. It's been a while since I tasted one."

Evan made a disgusted face when the previous king licked the blood in his hands in such a lewd manner. He squinted his eyes at him in annoyance and decided to just ignore what he saw.

Evan had seen something worse than this. When Ayan was still the King, there were times when he unintentionally saw Ayan's lecherous deeds toward many women. 

That was when Evan realized that the previous king never had shame.

At those times, the innocent Duke didn't have a choice but to turn his head away to avoid witnessing Ayan's perverted deeds.