Chapter 49: Tyrant's Return

"Just you know white dragon..." Lucius paused while watching Evan to fix the barrier of the mystical forest, "I don't really like dragons so I won't approve a dragon to marry the witch. Do you understand?"

COUGH! COUGH!

Evan who is focused on making a temporary layer above the barrier's crack couldn't help but glance at Lulu who has a stern look on his little face. Evan suddenly cleared his throat. 

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know that you like the witch!" Lucius replied bluntly. "You think I am dumb? Of course, I know that you like the witch! Besides, you are very transparent you know!"

Transparent?

That's new.

"You speak as if you have experienced liking someone," Evan suddenly changed the topic. "How could you know that I like her? Have you tried liking someone?"

Lulu suddenly became quiet. He pouted while staring at his hands with a sad reaction. When Evan noticed it, he immediately showed interest in the love life of a thousand-year-old being who remained a child for a long time.

"W-well... She was a pretty and kind girl..." Lucius mumbled with embarrassment and longing. "I met her when she was 8 years old. She's really dumb but she's very talented in singing... she even promised me to marry her..."

Evan raised his brows while listening to Lulu's story.

"B-but she grows up and since I can't grow up with her she married another man, but she's an idiot because she actually married a trash," Lucius explained while playing with his fingers. "Hmmph! It's not like I still like her... she became ugly when became 50 years old..."

"Really?" Evan smirked.

"Fine! you caught me, I lied... that dumb girl is always pretty..." Lucius mumbled as he averted his gaze. "Even on the day that she died, she remained pretty... BUT ANYWAY! Why am I talking about this?! Just admit it already! You like the witch, right?!"

It was Evan's turn to remain silent.

He immediately finished creating a temporary layer of a barrier above the original barrier to stop the monsters in Mystical Forest from escaping. 

Temporary barriers can't officially block the crack of the barrier, some monsters will be able to destroy it, but they will be able to hold them in the meantime. 

Evan crossed his arms before glancing at Lucius.

"Why are you interested to know?"

"Hmmph, I'm just trying to say that white dragons are not that annoying," Lulu mumbled before turning his back on the Duke. "I'm not saying it's you, I am talking about the white-haired lady Maria. She's not annoying."

The Duke nodded his head.

"I like Gabriella," Evan suddenly said. "What will you do?"

Lucius suddenly remembered that Gabriella has a crush on the Duke.

"Lucky..." Lulu rolled his little eyes.

"Hmmm?"

"The witch is pretty, and many trash tried to covet her even if they know that she had a son," Lulu suddenly spoke. "Confess to her, if she approves of you then marry her. White dragons are not that annoying after all."

"Ah?" Evan reacted.

"Nevermind! Let's go, I already want to take the wings of that Golden Dragon! I'm gonna get killed if Ayan is not caught!" Lulu shouted at Evan. "I'm gonna teleport to the witch's house, wanna come?"