Chapter 51: Villainess Of Chavez

Maria Eleonor

As a person who got used to my father's cold demeanor, I never thought that he'll be able to make that kind of expression. I know that in this life many things changed about him but loving someone is out of the question.

That's why seeing him like this... gave me a little fright.

In fact, it gave a bitter taste to my tongue. The fact that I can still remember his unreadable expression as he watches my death in my previous life... It still haunts me.

How can you give Gabriella that kind of expression?

It is warm...

So warm to make me believe that you're not the father that I used to know.

I can still remember the way you are in my previous life. I know that I shouldn't compare anything from this current timeline to my previous life, but I can't help but to do it.

Because you're not supposed to be like this.

"My Lady! What have you done?" Butler Jonas, my father's loyal butler told me as soon as he heard the news. "The news from the Imperial palace? Tell me that it's not true... You... you did not harm the Crown Princess again, do you?"

I quickly averted my gaze as I glanced at my shaky hands, I frustratingly grabbed my hair as I clutched my body in fear and guilt.

I'm so scared and I can't think straight. I always knew that I am not a kind person or a saint, I always knew that I am a terrible person trying to win someone else's heart. I hurt Cheska because of Ian...

...But how could I kill? 

No... W-what have I done?

I'm so scared.

"Butler Jonas..." I mumbled in a shaky tone. "Will my father defend me if I killed someone?" I asked the most ridiculous question. "What will happen if I killed someone?"

I feel so pathetic, I am searching for a way to escape my gravest sin. Have I always been a terrible person? 

Maybe this is the reason why people hated me since I was a child.

"My Lady...?" Butler Jonas responded in a dumbfounded tone. "W-what are you talking about?"

Was I wrong to pursue love?

The first person who showed me little kindness?

Perhaps I did it wrong? But no matter how much I wanted to reflect on it, I won't be able to change the outcome of my stupidity.

"Jonas... I killed a life," I mumbled in my shaky tone. Anyone who could hear it will notice the fear, and frustration in my voice. "Jonas... I killed a life. I killed a baby... JONAS I KILLED A BABY!" I shouted.

Someone told me that my life will be better if I hang on...

But it seems like even 'that' person is lying to me.

I'm scared.

I WAS SO SCARED!

And the only person that I can call 'Family'... I am hoping that can hold onto him just for once...

"That's right! Jonas, Father will help me, right?" I mumbled with an anxious tone. I desperately groped the Butler's clothes. "Father will help me, right? Jonas?"

But all that I received from Jonas was a frightened expression. I noticed how his body started to tremble as he placed both of his hands on my shoulders.

"My Lady... What have you done?" The Butler asked me. His voice was shaky and frightened, but I can hear the pity in his voice. "You harmed the Royal family... Even the Duke cannot..."