Chapter 45: Say it If You Can

The Banquet was celebrated successfully without any problems or interruptions. However, despite being successfully handled, nasty rumors still circulated to the nobility like a wildfire.

One of those rumors was about Gabriel's behavior when he faced the king, not only wrong impression about him was the content of the rumors, but it was also fueled by Maria Eleonor's previous relationship with the King.

Because of this, not only Marquiss Antonio was worried about the rumors but also the other elders of the Velasquez clan.

"Are you really going to pick him as your successor? Look at the rumors around, it is okay if the rumors are only baseless but his impertinence in front of the king is something that isn't shallow! Your son was labeled as a fool!"

Mikhail Antonio closed his eyes.

"You don't need to worry about those rumors, they will immediately die just like the other rumors," Mikhail Antonio explained to Henzel, the third son of his father, the previous marquis. "However, Henzel, I hope you didn't come to my manor just to complain about the rumors?"

The Marquis glanced at his brother.

"As your brother, I am deeply concerned about the future of our clan. He might be your son, but he grew up as a commoner. I don't want to criticize your son, but if you're going to choose someone like that as your heir, I'm afraid our family will be doomed."

"And do you want me to choose as my heir? Your Son?" Antonio asked coldly. "Don't take me for a fool, Henzel. I know why exactly are you doing this. Whether my son grew up as a commoner, he is the only heir of the Velasquez family."

"Brother---!"

"Enough Henzel, you are not a child anymore," Antonio Mikhail took a deep sigh. "Just wait and see, Gabriel will prove himself as my heir. However, if he failed to prove himself, I will strip him myself as my heir."

Antonio glanced at the sunflowers that were planted by his wife in the garden. The marquis dropped his eyes when he remembered Riella, the late marquessa. This is her sanctuary, her favorite place in this manor.

The marquis didn't know what is inside of the head of his son Gabriel when he asked for the 'Golden Estate' from the king. The truth is he is also worried about his son's decision, but he knows that there is a reason behind that bizarre request from the king.

'Golden Estate' is one of the powerhouses of the kingdom. Half of the estate has the richest soil, while the other half is rich in mana resources. The kingdom will suffer a loss if they lose the golden estate, but for some reason, the king granted that estate to his son.

Ian gave that estate to Gabriel, which is something strange.

There must be a reason why Ian gave that land to Gabriel so easily.

The answer is simple.

The 'Golden Estate' is about to fall into doom. After the crack in the mystical forest appeared, monsters started to swarm in the Golden Land, and the rich soil in that place started to become toxic to the crops. 

The reason why Ian gave that land to Gabriel, is to let Gabriel take the responsibility for the disaster on that estate. If the Golden estate became doom in the hands of Gabriel, all of the faults will be directed to Gabriel.

It's not like Ian wanted to point out all the faults to Gabriel, it was Gabriel himself who proposed this to the king. He doesn't know what's running around Gabriel's mind, but Ian will have the upper hand in this proposal.

There must be a reason why Gabriel asked for the Golden Estate despite knowing what's happening to that land.

What might be the reason?