Chapter 30: Childhood Song

"Give me one," Evan uttered in a stiffed tone. He pointed at the basket in the Young Prince's hands. The Young Prince who became silent hugged his precious cookies tightly. Evan frowned a little. "Give one."

"No, you can just ask Auntie to give you one," Yohan told his Uncle immediately.

Indeed.

The Duke can but...

Nevermind.

Ian was confused about the Duke's behavior, however, "Yohan..." Ian warned the child with a strict tone, but Yohan won't back down. He instead became silent and didn't bother to listen to him. "Do not be like that to your Uncle," He said.

Why would he give his Uncle Evan a cookie if he can ask his bride?

Trying to rob a three-year-old child ah?

Unacceptable.

Yohan stopped thinking for a while when he realized something. His little face took a glance at his Uncle's stoned face. His lips pursed when he remembered that he should be good to the father of his future wife.

If he wasn't good to him, Auntie Gabriella might change her mind and don't let him marry her daughter.

"Owkay, just one," Yohan replied. "Only one..." He said.

The Duke's face became lighter when he heard the child's reply.

Yohan put his hand inside the little basket and took the most good-looking cookie on it. When he found what he needed to find, he immediately went to the Duke and gave it personally to him. Evan accepted the cookie as he stared at the Young Prince.

"Here..." Yohan told him.

Evan raised his hand and pats the small head of the Prince. "Hmm," he hummed. "Good."

He'd been practicing a head pat to that white cat, he should be able to do that perfectly to a child.

Yohan was surprised when the Duke did that. It was his first time to be patted like that by the Duke, His mother is the only person who keeps doing that to Yohan. His Father King can't even do that to him!

He should treat his Uncle better in the future.

On the other hand, Ian who was looking at the strange reaction of his son and the Duke couldn't help but frown. It was uncomfortable to watch them like this.

The silent son and the Duke who was supposed to be unaffectionate...

What's happening to these two?

•••••

It's time to go home.

Yohan cheerfully went to their carriage not minding the silent behavior of his father. He was excited to tell his Mother Queen what happened to him today. 

Uncle Evan was extra good to him today and he met an amazing pretty lady. Although he didn't directly go with his father to enjoy the festival, this day was extra meaningful to the child. 

After all, he also acquired a future wife.

He should really persuade his Uncle to marry Gabriella so soon.

Yohan will do that once that his Father King called for his Uncle Evan in the palace. He should tell Sir Vincent, the appointed knight for him, to be more attentive to the news. 

He took a cookie on the basket and took a bite on it, his attention was on the outside of the carriage's window, waiting for them to depart from the Velasquez's manor. Yohan did not notice the silent glances of his father to him.