Chapter 40: Dragon's Cub

"THE KING HAS ARRIVED!"

Lucius who was eating frowned when Gabriel's hand with a spoon stopped halfway. A frown appeared on his forehead as he tried to grab the spoon in Gabriel's hand, however, the man dropped the spoon on a plate.

"Hey! I'm eating," Lucius said with confusion and anger.

Lucius didn't ask Gabriel to act as his nanny-- servant! He's not a baby, but the witch told her brother to take care of him. However, it seems like the nann---SERVANT wasn't doing his job properly.

Lucius crossed his arms.

His eyes went to Gabriel's face. Lucius could see the displeasure on his face. Gabriel glanced at the fork in Lucius's plate. "Will a fork suffice?" He suddenly muttered. "It's a pity." 

 Gabriel glanced at his hand in disappointment.

Lulu made a confused face. He grab the fork in irritation as he continued to eat his food. "What are you talking about? You look weird right now," Lulu grinned. "Don't tell me you're going to slay a dragon?"

CLANG!

The utensils on the table make a sound when Gabriel stands up from his chair. "If I could, I would do it," He answered as he calmly placed his hand on his pocket. "I'll go to my wife. Go take care of yourself, Lucius."

Lucius watched Gabriel's back disappear from the crowd. The child-like entity crossed his little arms before wandering his eyes to the crowd. His eyes suddenly went to a man with dazzling golden hair.

Lulu's eyes became fierce as he snorted at the oblivious King. He secretly gritted his teeth when he saw the familiar crest on Ian's clothes. For some reason, he can't help but to get irritated. 

He was never fond of dazzling golden hair.

Gabriel hates the current king. 

And Lucius hates the Golden Dragon.

As expected from the Velasquez bloodline, they should never be fond of the creature who rules their land. 

'Child, You have a talent that could make you ascend to heaven. If you become my disciple, I will help you ascend with me.'

'I don't want to, I can't leave this place.'

Lucius munch his food angrily when he recalled that memory. "Hmmph! If it weren't for that stupid dragon, I won't have to rely on that stupid medallion," He mumbled while piercing the steak with his fork.

'If you're so desperate to stay in this place, then I'll grant you your wish. From now on, you will become an immortal and you have to be bound in this place with this golden medallion!'

Lulu stopped eating when he noticed that his plate is already empty. He glanced in the direction of the king once again before pushing his chair out of the table. His eyes went to his little feet that were a few inches away from the ground.

"I want to grow up as well," He mumbled with a sad expression on his face.

"The witch can't treat me as a child!"

Lulu jumped away from his seat when he decided to look for his 'Mother' who is none other than Gabriella. He is certain that Gabriella is with the Duke of Chavez who has been secretly stalking her for a year.

That man almost exposed his identity to the witch! He needs to watch him closer. Although both of them had an agreement to not expose each other's secrets. Lucius will never trust that White Dragon!

Dragon descendants are problematic!

"Where are you going?" A familiar voice asked him. Lulu glanced at the man that was in front of him. "Are you looking for my daughter?" Marquiss Antonio asked the child-like entity.