Chapter 42: The Great Lucius

"So what do you want to talk about the Previous King, Leonardo?"

I asked Leonardo after getting back my composure.

"I investigated the reason for the crack in the 'Mystical Forest'," Leonardo answered calmly. "First, I would like to tell you that the main reason for the crack is because of the Mana storm that happened days ago."

"And secondly?" I asked.

Leonardo closed his eyes before doing the habit of fixing his eyeglasses. 

"Secondly, the reason for this phenomenon might be connected to the family of Velasquez," Leonardo hinted at me. "To be precise, connected to your guest whose name is 'Lucius'."

Lucius?

I've heard it somewhere.

When the so-called mana storm arrived in the kingdom of Ibanez. Father discussed to us that the cause of the mana storm is a 'powerful being'. He also told us that the powerful being will be the guest in our manor.

That powerful being is named 'Lucius'.

 I didn't know anything other than that, my bratty brother kicked me out before I could ask anything.

"What about him? Father told me that he'll be our guest, but I've never seen a man whose name is Lucius. If we had a guest like that, my brother would probably tell me," I responded. 

"That's unfortunate," Leonardo sighs. "I wanted to ask him a question."

"What question do you want to ask him?" I asked. "And why did Lucius cause a 'Mana Storm' that created a crack in the barrier of  'Mystical Forest'? Is he connected to the Previous King?"

"My, my, don't tell me you didn't know 'Lucius'?" Leonardo asked. "Well, considering that you ran away from your home when you were younger, I can understand that. Besides, Lucius is one of the hidden secrets of your family."

THUG!

A red strike of lightning suddenly went across the sky, I almost went out of my seat when that lightning was instantly followed by loud thunder.

There was no sign of rain, but that lightning strike was enough to scare me off.

However, it seems like Leonardo wasn't bothered by that lightning. Instead, the master of merchants smiled happily at me before motioning his hands. 

"According to the information that Selena gathered in your manor. Lucius is the owner of the most important heirloom of the Velasquez family," Leonardo shook his head before clasping his hands."I heard that the heirloom is the most important thing for Lucius."

"Does it rings a bell?" Leonardo asked playfully.

I gulped when I recalled a memory of my younger self stealing the most precious heirloom of our family. 

"That..." I barely uttered.

"That's right, it was the medallion that you stole 17 years ago." Leonardo smiled slyly at me. "I heard that heirloom is very important to Lucius. He'll kill for it." The Master of Merchant glanced at my face.

"You don't have to worry, you didn't do anything wrong to the 'Medallion' don't you?"

Didn't do anything wrong?

I unconsciously placed my hand on my mouth.

I mean--- I didn't break it, does it count?

THUG!

Another bolt of lightning went across the sky.

My face became pale when I recalled another memory. I couldn't help but to take a gulp when I remember a life-threatening memory that could probably be the reason for my death.