014.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬THE BATH

BOY IN THE BUBBLE by alec benjamin❝heart was pumping

❝heart was pumping. chest was screaming. mind was running. air was freezing.❞

        WHEN they got to school, everyone had a specific job to do. Hopper and Jonathan were getting salt, Joyce was putting tape over two sets of goggles for Eleven and Tiffany, Mike and Nancy were getting hoses to get the water into the kiddie pool, Lucas, Dustin and Tiffany were setting up the kiddie pool. Dustin and Lucas got the kiddie pool out from Hopper's car. The two of them were trying to carry it together and they were struggling. "This damn thing is heavy."

"Just stop. Stop." Lucas and Dustin stopped moving. Tiffany crouched underneath it. She put her hands on the sides of it and rested it on her head. Tiffany stood up straight and Lucas and Dustin let go. They walked back to the door and Lucas, Dustin and Tiffany were waiting in front of the door. Lucas and Dustin were waiting for someone to open the door and Tiffany was waiting for them to open it. "Are one of you gonna open the door or not?"

It then hit them that Tiffany sort of had her hands full. "Oh shit, right. Sorry."

She stifled a laugh as Lucas opened the door for her. They walked into the gym and Tiffany put the pool on the ground. She unfolded it and they hadn't realized that the pool was so big.

"Fucking great. This is gonna be hard." She pointed to either sides of the pool to show what side she wanted them on. "Lucas, you grab that side, Dustin go opposite and then I will pull the sides."

Lucas and Dustin grabbed the sides and realized something. "It's upside down."

"No this way." They couldn't quite figure it out. "Here, guys, flip it over again."

"Okay um..." They flipped it over again and they still couldn't really tell. "How does this even work?"

"Try that side." Dustin dropped the pool in frustration. "Son of a bitch!"

"Pull it back. Pull it back."

"I am!"

"Okay, drop it. Drop it." They all dropped the pool and Tiffany walked over to the opposite side of where she was before.

"Okay, you guys shift closer." Dustin and Lucas moved a bit so they could all be even. They grabbed the edges of the pool.

"Okay, one, two, three!" They all pulled it quickly and tried to get it to pop up, but it didn't work. "Shit!"

Tiffany put her hands on her hips in frustration. Lucas and Dustin looked at her hopefully for answers on how to get this unfolded. Tiffany came up with something.