028.

THE JUNKYARD BATTLE

cigarette daydreams by cage the elephant

i cannot explain what's going down

⸺THE morning after Steve, Dustin and Tiffany found out Dart had escaped, they all had to go find him. Dustin had a plan to lure him and get rid of him. They were going to lure him to the old junkyard, and figure out what to do from there. Tiffany was still a little sore, but it was only her arm. They drove out to the train tracks and they brought buckets of raw meat. Steve and Tiffany were getting everything out of the car, while Dustin got a response from yesterday from Lucas. "Well, well, well, look who it is."

Steve and Tiffany could only hear what Dustin was saying. "Well, when you were having sister problems, me and my sister made an interesting discovery. Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon."

"No, Dustin he is a baby Demogorgon." Dustin rolled his eyes at his sister. "I'll explain later. Meet me, Tiffany and Steve at the old junkyard...And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket."

"Alright, let's go."

"Just be there, stat. Over and out." They started walking along the train tracks. They had rubber gloves on so they wouldn't get any meat juice on their hands. Steve and Dustin were walking side by side and Tiffany was a bit behind them. They were throwing meat on the ground. "Alright, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who you just met?"

"Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things."

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?"

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Steve looked behind him and at Tiffany. "Tiff? If I showed you an interdimensional slug, would you be impressed?"

"I'd probably run away screaming because that's just gross." Steve looked back at Dustin as if to say 'see'. "Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I...I just...I don't know. I just feel like you're trying to hard."

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright?"

"It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is just...just acting like you don't care."

"Even if you do?"

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Tiffany could hear what Steve was telling him and it was absolute crap advice. Tiffany had to raise her voice a lot so he could hear her clearly and so did he. "What are you telling my brother?"

"Good advice on how to get girls."

"No, no, you're giving him shit advice. No girl wants you to act like you don't care, that's how we discover that we don't like you."

"Yeah, sure."

"Look, maybe it works with the girls you used to hook up with all the time, but trust me, it doesn't work on girls who actually have a heart and personality."

"Well, guess what, Henderson? I acted like I didn't care and now we're friends."

"But we're not dating."

"No, but at least we're friends. Then, Dustin, if you get to the friends stage then you just have to wait, and you'll get there eventually." Tiffany had to think about it for a minute. "Holy shit, maybe that does work."

"See!" Dustin was trying to figure out what he had to wait for. "Wait, what am I waiting for?"

"You just wait until, uh...until you feel it."