063.

T H E   B R A I N S T O R M

everybody wants to rule the world by tears for fears

nothing ever lasts forever

⸺THAT night when they went to see Eddie, Tiffany had felt something on the way back home. She had this piercing pain in her head for the whole drive back, but she just assumed it was a headache. There was a sound along with it. A high pitched scream like sound, almost like when a person flat lines. That's exactly what she heard when the Mind Flayer was playing its mind games. Tiffany had told Steve about it that night, but he reassured her that the Mind Flayer wasn't back. Everyone saw her kill it. It couldn't be back.

Thankfully, Tiffany did have something to keep her mind away from her worries, more worries. Steve, Tiffany, Robin, Dustin and Max were going to visit Eddie again since he needed more food and drinks. They were sort of giving him a bunch of care packages just slowly.

They had all just arrived at the house where Eddie was staying at and they brought with them all the snacks. They opened the boat house door decently quickly and they accidentally scared Eddie. They just smiled innocently and Steve sent him a little wave. Eddie just sighed.

When Eddie actually had a chance to eat, he didn't hesitate to forget all of his manners, but who could blame him? He had bigger things to worry about. Dustin started off the conversation. "So we got some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always." Eddie responded, just wanting the bad part over with. "Alright, bad news. Tiffany, take it away."

"Well, my co-worker told me that you're their number one suspect. They're convinced you killed Chrissy. Like 100% completely, no questions, absolutely positive that you killed Chrissy." Tiffany answered bluntly, but it really didn't the situation. Eddie, who was only more nervous now, spoke in a fairly worried tone. "A-And the good news?"

"No one other than the police know you 'did it'." Tiffany put air quotes on the words 'did it' considering Eddie didn't actually hurt Chrissy. Robin did add onto Tiffany's point, but there was some additional bad news for the good news. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie commented with a small shake in his voice. "Exactly."

Tiffany could tell that there was another card at play here. Not only was Eddie wanted for murder, but once his name gets out to the public, other and more bigoted people may want Eddie gone for his preference in people. More specifically, people he may want to date.

"So before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him and prove your innocence." Dustin said in a very nonchalant tone, but what they were doing was anything but nonchalant. Tiffany, who still was not helping, added onto Dustin's calm explanation. "Yeah, there's really nothing to it. I use my voodoo. You're saved. World's saved. Bada-bing, bada-boom. We go out for ice cream, but if anyone gets mint, I'm not paying for it because mint is crap."

"That's all guys? That's all?" Eddie sarcastically questioned, trying to prove a point that is seemed much more complicated than the Hendersons were leading it on to be. Dustin simply nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders, not seeing the huge deal with this plan. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie." Robin began, trying to actually be helpful unlike the two opposite to her. "I know everything they're saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a few times and I have once. Mine was more human flesh based, theirs was more smoke related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this."