067.

E N D

bigger than me by louis tomlinson

i used to hide behind a smile

⸺TIFFANY and Steve were both just sitting on the ground staring at each other. Steve with impatience and hope, really wanting his girlfriend to answer the important question he had just asked. Tiffany was staring at him in complete shock and she had rendered herself speechless.

"Tiffany?" Steve asked, trying to see if she was even conscious anymore.

"We are nineteen!" Tiffany exclaimed, trying to come up with an excuse. Steve had really caught her off guard. Of course Tiffany has dreamed of marrying Steve and spending the rest of her life with him, but there was something about him asking now while they're in the middle of a life or death situation that just seemed off. Tiffany felt like this may not last. She felt like something would happen.

"Is being young really a problem for you?" Steve questioned, shocked that this seemed to be an issue for her. It wasn't, Tiffany just couldn't think of anything else. "No! But...I mean...Is this really the time to be asking that question?"

"Well, we became friends after you murdered a Demogorgan with your superpowers, I told you I liked you before we set the brain of a giant shadow on fire and I told you I loved you for the first time in a Russian elevator. Proposing to you while a magical maniac from the dimension of your nightmares is running around killing people doesn't seem too off." Steve explained. He really did have a point. They weren't exactly the most traditional couple. They were enemies and became lovers, they bonded over supernatural beings killing them, and their social status was nowhere near each other. Steve Harrington and Tiffany Henderson were complete opposites, but as the saying goes, opposites attract.

But being opposites could also be bad. Steve was just a regular person going against supernatural beings with a bat while Tiffany had some sort of supernatural blood. Tiffany had the ability to throw herself into harms way much more easily than Steve could. Steve was actually careful when he fought, but Tiffany just ran in powers first. Tiffany has gotten hurt in the past and it's almost guaranteed that it'll happen again. Steve Harrington and Tiffany Henderson were complete opposites, and it may just drive them further apart.

"So?" Steve asked, trying to get Tiffany to answer. Tiffany didn't really have to think about it. There was a very clear answer to this question.

But before she could answer, Max ran out of one of the rooms and exclaimed, "Tiffany!"

The ginger girl ran over to Tiffany, who stood up to engulf Max in a hug. Everyone knew that Tiffany had some sort of vision and because of what was happening to Max, they were worried for Tiffany. When Max pulled away, she looked over at Steve who had put the ring away, but he looked insanely stressed and so did Tiffany. "I feel like I interrupted something."

Steve and Tiffany shared a look, but the brunette quickly moved her gaze, felling quite awkward about not getting to answer and feeling more awkward possibly answering in front of Max. "No, it's fine. What is it?"

"There's something you really need to know." With that, Steve and Tiffany followed Max into the room they were headed to before, where now Nancy and Robin were. They all gathered around the desk after everyone made sure Tiffany was okay and Max had some pretty important information to tell everyone. She quickly explained the whole grandfather clock vision that she witnessed and by the way she described it and the feel, Tiffany felt the exact same way when she was in a trance.

"And the worst part is that Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. They were both having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then...then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things from their past. These visions, they just...they keep on getting worse and worse until eventually...everything ended." Max explained. And both Steve and Tiffany couldn't help but noticed that it sounded exactly like Tiffany's situation.

"Vecna's curse." Robin pointed out before Max continued on. "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than twenty four hours after their vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock so...looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

Tiffany was about to chime in, voicing her strong aspiration that no one was getting hurt, but there was a distant clang which stopped her before she could say anything. Knowing that she probably had the best bet in fighting whoever or whatever that sound was since she knew how to actually fight without her powers thanks to Hopper, Tiffany took the lead on this one. "Everyone stay here."

"No, I'm going with you." Steve ordered as he looked around for anything he could use as a weapon. The first thing that caught his eye was a lamp, so he picked it up and held it with confidence. Tiffany only sighed and walked out of the room with Steve following her.

The two of them slowly and cautiously walked through the halls where they heard more clattering. Steve tightened his grip on the lamp as the rest of the group walked out of the room, but stayed farther back and Tiffany and Steve held their ground. They heard footsteps rapidly approaching so Tiffany and Steve quickly prepared themselves to hurt whoever or whatever this was, but when the mystery appeared, it was Lucas.

Scared, both Lucas and everyone else screamed, shocked by his sudden appearance, but they all calmed down when everyone realized who everyone was. "It's me! Lucas!"

"Jesus, Sinclair! I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve raged, but Lucas just apologized out of breath. "I'm sorry! I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second. Shit." Lucas was very out of breath and he put his hands on his hips.

One thing they hadn't realized that was when they all got scared, Tiffany was scared into using her powers. It was like an instinctive reflex. The blue lights were floating around in her palms as Tiffany tried to get her heart to stop beating so fast, but she didn't even realize that it was happening.

"We've got a code red." Lucas explained, him and everyone else but Robin not realizing that Tiffany was using her powers. "Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick and Andy and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger."

"Alright, yeah. That definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now." Dustin explained as he looked over at Max. She and Lucas shared a worried glance and it was clearly deeper than everyone else's concerns.

Finally, Robin had found a moment to actually chime in and point out something incredible. "I'm sorry, are we just gonna gloss over the fact that Tiffany's using her powers?"

Everyone's focus immediately snapped towards Tiffany and even she quickly looked down at her hands. A huge smile immediately formed as soon a she saw the blue lights and she let out a laugh of disbelief. "Yes! I'm a wizard again!"

"So you weren't lying?" Steve confirmed what she had told him about her vision before. "Why the hell would I lie about that? And who cares?! I'm back, baby!"

"That's great and all, but why are they blue? That has to mean something." Nancy pointed out, but Tiffany honestly didn't care. It was only a colour. "I'll say it again, who cares?! I'm magic again! And if these are the same as my powers from before, then I actually have a chance ending this all."

And that's exactly what she planned to do. End Vecna. End the Upside Down. End the torture. End everything.

A/N

i'm really glad that no one's saying "update" "when are you going to update" "update please" because that can get a little annoying. i don't mind people saying "i'm excited for the next chapter" or something like that, but when people ask for updates it makes me feel bad that i don't update as much as i used to.

i am really trying to update as much as possible, but i've been trying to focus on myself more and this does make me happy, i just need time to do other things as well. i am really glad you all seem to enjoy this book and i enjoy leaving you guys on cliffhangers <3