065.

O V E R P O W E R

lights up by harry styles

all the lights couldn't put out the dark

⸺NOT shockingly, the next part of Dustin, Max, Tiffany and Steve's plan was to break into a school. They weren't even phased by these events anymore, they've done worse. They were only a few minutes away and the darkness had settled around them. It was already sunset when they visited Ms. Kelley, so their timeline was working out fairly well.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve asked his girlfriend. He had noticed that Tiffany was holding her forehead and wincing every few seconds. Tiffany only shrugged her shoulders. "I think so, my headaches are just getting worse. I think it's because of my nightmares, I used to get them all the time."

Steve, not wanting to distract himself while driving, placed a kiss onto his fingers and then put his fingers to Tiffany's forehead, signifying sending her a little kiss. Tiffany smiled and just shook her head at the small gesture. "Do you feel better now?"

"Yeah, I feel better." Tiffany replied with a smile. Her headache was just as bad, but Steve made her feel more hopeful. He's been having that effect on her for a long time.

Tiffany has been fairly difficult for Steve to deal with since the Starcourt Mall incident. She was rarely happy and she wouldn't talk to Steve about her problems. She'd only talk to Will. Steve had been having this feeling of insecurity over the past few months since him and Tiffany just seemed out of sync. Steve understood that Tiffany was going to be a little emotionally unavailable considering in a matter of minutes, Tiffany lost control of herself, lost two people who she loved with her whole heart, lost her only father figure and the next day, lost her best friend. Not to mention losing her childhood best friend before that.

Steve just wanted Tiffany to feel safe around him. Steve was afraid that she would one day realize that she was too good for him. Despite everything Tiffany has been through, she's still here and trying to put everyone ahead of her. She's been making sure that all the kids adjusted to high school and was constantly helping them with school work or just giving advice, she had gotten a serious full time job that took a lot of her worries and efforts, not to mention that she could get called in whenever and she's been calling Will as much as she could since she knew that he felt unwanted.

In Steve's eyes and so many others, Tiffany was the perfect person. Steve was just afraid that she'd leave him. Whether she'd realize she deserved someone better or she died on him again. Steve couldn't go through losing Tiffany again.

"We're here." Steve announced as they pulled into the school parking lot. The four teenagers all got out of the car and went up to the front door which, not shockingly, was locked.

"So...Does anyone know how to pick a lock?" Dustin asked, hoping that their plan wasn't going to be stopped because they couldn't unlock a door. Tiffany raised her hand since she did in fact know how to pick a lock, Billy had taught her a while ago.

Dustin dramatically motioned to the door, granting her access, but before Tiffany could unlock the door, she needed something. She turned to her boyfriend and held out her hand as she asked, "Do you have a bobby pin?"

Steve scoffed and shook his head. "No, I do not have a bobby pin."

"Steve...We share a bathroom. I've seen all your hair products." Tiffany remarked. The couple shared a knowing glare. Knowing he couldn't win this, Steve took a bobby pin out from underneath his hair and handed it to her. "Thank you."

As Tiffany went to the door to pick the lock, Dustin only smirked and looked over at Steve. Not liking Dustin having this information, Steve defended himself. "You don't get this good of hair naturally. Okay, Dustin?"