035.

THE NEW COUPLE

brutal by olivia rodrigo

they say these are the golden years

One Month Later

⸺AFTER everything that happened, Tiffany vowed to herself that she wouldn't use her powers anymore. It caused her too much pain and she didn't want to deal with it anymore. Tiffany was still having her nightmares and she wasn't scared of them anymore. She's only had one so far and she was perfectly fine.

Tiffany and Steve started dating. He asked her out the day after she came back to life. That's how he realized that he could lose her at any minute and he had to be with her as soon as he could. Steve gotten close with Dustin too. Steve even bought him Farrah Fawcett spray.

Today was the Snowball Dance at the kid's school and Dustin was running around trying to find his Farrah Fawcett spray. "Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!"

"Where did you see it last?"

"Right here, where I put it." Tiffany looked on the island and saw his Farrah Fawcett spray. She tossed it to Dustin and he caught it. He hugged his sister and ran into his room. "Thank you!"

Tiffany smiled and looked out the window. She saw Steve pull up in her driveway and she ran outside. Tiffany hopped in his car and he smiled. "Hi."

"Hey." Steve kissed her quickly on the lips and looked at her knitted sweater. "Is that mine?"

"...No."

"It looks good on you." Tiffany smiled. She was wearing ripped jeans, black heeled boots and a blue knitted sweater she stole from Steve. They leaned in to kiss each other again, but Dustin interrupted by hopping in the car and putting his hands on their faces. "Not in front of me!"

Dustin took his hands away and they leaned back in their seats. Dustin's hair looked a lot like Steve's, but with curls. It was an interesting style.

"Steve, keep your lips off my sister."

"I will try my best." Steve looked over at Tiffany and shook his head a little. She smiled and Steve drove to Dustin's school. When they got there, Dustin took a deep breath. "Alright, buddy, here we are. So, remember, once you get in there..."

"Pretend like I don't care."

"You don't care."

"I don't care."

"There you go. You're learning, my friend. You're learning." Tiffany rolled her eyes. "That tactic doesn't work. I'm telling you, Dustin, girls would much rather you actually pay attention to them."

"Hey, I did it and now we're dating."

"No, what you did was you acted like a prick, then you never left my side."

"Alright. Well, for kids his age, it works."

"I will pay you if he gets a date like that."

"Alright." They shook hands and Dustin was sitting there in disbelief. "Did you guys seriously just bet on me?"

"Yup. Now go in there and act like you don't care." Dustin was a little hesitant and Steve tried to cheer him up. "Hey."

"What?"

"Come on. You look great, okay? You look...You look great. Okay? Now, you're gonna go in there..."

"Yeah."

"Look like a million bucks..."

"Yeah."

"And you're gonna slay 'em dead."

"Like a lion." Dustin did his weird purring thing again. Tiffany cringed at it and so did Steve. "Don't do that, okay?"

"Okay."

"Good luck." Dustin got out of the car and walked into the school. Tiffany looked at Steve and smiled. "What?"

"That was sweet."

"Well, I guess I am pretty sweet." They both smiled again. They were both happy they were finally together. They've been through hell and back together. They were made for each other. Who knew that a giant shadow monster would bring them together?

A/N

Sorry this chapter was short, but I had to finish off the season.