069.

NO IDEA

heart of glass by blondie

"it seemed like the real thing, but i was so blind."

⸺MAX had been busy for the past few hours, writing away. She had asked Tiffany to stay by her, which she was perfectly fine with. She knew that Max needed a good support system and with Tiffany being like an older sister to her, Max clung to her. The two girls were sitting at the dining room table while everyone else was in the living room. They could just barely hear what the boys were saying, but the two girls were more focused on what they were doing.

Tiffany wasn't talking to Max since the red haired girl was focused on her writing and Tiffany was just doodling on a piece of paper she found. It wasn't anything specific, it was just whatever she let her mind create. In front of her was a sketch of a blonde, seemingly skeletal man. It was just a random person her mind had created, but she had no clue who this was. He seemed familiar...but she didn't know him...

"Tiffany." Max suddenly spoke up. The brunette girl looked over at Max, who's expression hadn't changed from her discouraged one she'd been wearing for hours. "I have something for you."

Max pushed a small envelope with Tiffany's name on it towards the girl. Tiffany looked down at it as Max explained, "I wanted you to open that after...you know...I'm not here, but can you open it now? I want you to know this while I'm still around."

"Yeah, of course." Tiffany complied as she picked up the envelope. She began opening it just as Max stood up from her seat, taking the envelopes with her. Tiffany glanced up at the girl, simply acknowledging that she was going over to the boys. Nancy and Robin had already left to begin their part of the big plan. Max was giving out letters to the boys, but making sure they didn't read it while Tiffany had special permission to read it.

Dear, Tiffany...or I should say big sis.

You will never know how much you really mean to me. Even in California, I felt like you were my first true friend. You were always helping me with everything, you stood up for me against everyone who was rude to me and you even took my side against Billy.

I know you only knew me well because you were friends with Billy, but I'm glad you were. Not only did you help me, but you helped him. He never spoke to me, he never acknowledged me in any positive way, but I had heard him talking about you with my mom sometimes. The way he spoke about you made me think you were some kind of superhero. Apparently, I was right.

Even if you didn't have your badass powers or any of this Upside Down, supernatural shit, you'd still be my personal superhero. You're my hero. I want to be like you because all you do is care about other people and try to make everything amazing. You're the most amazing and kindest person I've ever met and I'm really glad that you actually wanted to be my friend.

I don't know in what world I deserve your kindness, maybe the universe was actually on my side for once. And I know that you've been having a really hard couple of months, but you're still the strongest person I know and I want to be like that. I know it's a lot of pressure on you and I feel terrible, but I wished you could save me. It would be nice to live in a world where I can have a cool older sister.

Hopefully we can see each other again someday.

Love, Max.

P.S. Steve's a hottie, well done.

Tiffany would be lying if she said she wasn't crying. Her hand was over her mouth, trying to keep herself from balling her eyes out, but there were tears sliding down her face. Tiffany had no idea that just wanting to protect Max or even just being her friend had such an effect. All Tiffany ever wanted to do was make Max feel like she was included and special. Tiffany just wanted Max to be happy.