058.

Z E R O

as it was by harry styles

why are you sitting at home on the floor? what kind of pills are you on?

⸺TIFFANY and Steve had gotten home pretty late. Neither of them were tired yet, but they were very bored, so they were laying in their living room, looking up at the ceiling where Tiffany had painted the sky. Their hands were interlocked and they were listening to the radio. It was faint and just in the background, but it was keeping them calm. Calm...

Tiffany's mind kept racing back to what she had seen on the drive back. She couldn't get it out of her head. She had to have seen Cory, it looked exactly like him. But Cory's dead, so it couldn't be him. But it looked just like him. It was a confusing time for her. Her brain was ping ponging around in her head. Steve could tell that there was something bugging her, but obviously he didn't know what. "Tiff."

Tiffany looked over at him and he pushed a little bit of her hair out of her face. "Are you okay? You've been acting weird. Is it because of yesterday?"

Tiffany looked back up at the roof for a second and took a deep breath. "Alright, this is gonna sound crazy, but maybe not so crazy since...you know. Evil Russians and crazy monsters."

Steve let out a small laugh, which put a small smile on his girlfriend's face. Tiffany looked back at Steve and he brought her hand up to his lips to kiss it, giving her some comfort. "Look, when we were at the game, I saw something. Every single person on the court was Billy. The players, the coaches. Everyone was Billy. And I thought that maybe that was just my head messing with me. Trauma or something. But then when we were driving back, I saw something else. There was this guy standing at the side of the road. He looked really beat up and he had gashes on his face, but he looked...He looked like..."

"Tiffany, just tell me. Whatever it is, I'll believe you. I know you wouldn't lie to me." Tiffany took a deep breath again. It wasn't the fact that she was scared that Steve wouldn't believe her, Tiffany was just having a hard time admitting what she saw. "The guy I saw, he looked like-"

Suddenly, Tiffany's head snapped back and she was looking up at the ceiling. Her back was arched and she started twitching. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head. Steve stood up and backed away from his girlfriend slightly. "Uh, Tiffany? If this is a prank then haha, very funny!"

Tiffany suddenly started floating in the air. Her back was still arched and her limbs were limp. Small blue lightning bolts started flickering by her fingertips and the lights that were on in the house began flickering too. "Alright, Tiffany! It's not funny anymore!"

Tiffany fell quickly to the ground and she laid still for a few seconds when all of a sudden, she sat up straight. Her eyes were a cloudy white colour and black blood began to slowly pool out of her eyes. Tiffany got to her feet and had a smile on her face, but she looked crazy. Her mind was foggy and she couldn't control herself. Some kind of being had taken over her mind and this time it wasn't the Mind Flayer.

"So, you're the boy who's keeping her away? She is the puppet and I will not allow some teenage flame to keep her from her true potential." Tiffany's voice had a small echo to it, which is normally what people sound like when they're in the Upside Down.

"Tiffany, what the hell is going on?" Steve asked with fear laced in his tone as Tiffany walked closer to him. "Zero is not here right now. She is paying Twelve a little visit, but don't you worry, she'll be back soon. But now, you and I need to have a little chat. Listen to me very carefully, boy. If you keep her from me and her true purpose, I will do more than kill that poor little cheerleader. I will base my sacrifices around your heart and I will make sure that Zero has a part in it."

"Tiff, what are you doing?" Steve asked, once again, in fear. Tiffany grabbed his jaw and forced Steve to look at her. "I said, she is not here! Stay away from her or else."

"Or else what?" Steve questioned, mustering up a little bit of courage. Tiffany laughed- Well, it's not exactly Tiffany. Something took over her mind, something was controlling her. "You naive young man. You have no idea what she and Twelve are capable of. They have more potential in a single strand of hair than that pathetic young girl has in her entire body. They have more power over your pathetic little lives that any of you could ever imagine. Zero and Twelve will make you all see the truth."

Tiffany's eyes suddenly started rolling into the back of her head and she fainted. Steve looked at the limp body of his girlfriend in horror. She was still breathing, but she was unconscious. "Tiff?"

Steve slowly knelt down by Tiffany and lifted up her head. Her eyes were now closed, but black blood was still falling from her eyes.

"What the hell was that?" Steve ran a hand through his hair as a million questions flooded and worry filled his mind. Cory was number twelve in the lab, so why would Tiffany, or this other being in control of her, be talking about Cory. He's dead...And the young girl could be Eleven. But if whoever this is saying that, whoever Zero is, has more power in a single strand of hair, then Hawkins was in grave danger.

introducing...

M I L A   K U N I S

as

Z E R O

"I'm not who you think I am

"I'm not who you think I am..."