037.

THE ICE CREAM PARLOR

favourite crime by olivia rodrigo

just so i could call you mine

⸺TIFFANY had been working at Scoops Ahoy for about two weeks now. She had become good at her job and she had learned some stuff about her coworkers. Tiffany became good friends with Robin and she actually regretted not being friends with her in high school. Tiffany even knew a very intimate secret about Robin, but she wouldn't ever tell a soul and Robin was happy with how cool she was with it. Cory tried to flirt with every girl he saw, but he was horrible at it. Robin even had a 'You Rock and You Suck' board for him for every time he strikes out with a girl. Cory really didn't like her.

Mike, Lucas, Max and Will had also been coming by a lot to sneak into the movie theater. The back of Scoops Ahoy connected to the movie theater, so they were lucky they knew Steve, Cory and Tiffany. They came by again later and Robin and Cory were out front. Mike ringed the bell repeatedly and Robin let Tiffany and Steve know that they were here.

"Romeo and Juliette, your children are here." They opened the window and looked at them with a disappointed look on their faces. "Again? Seriously?"

Mike rang the bell again. They let them in the back and as they were walking past, Tiffany had a comment. "I thought I raised you guys better than this."

"Apparently not." They started walking towards the movie theater. "I swear, if anybody hears about this-"

"We're dead!" They closed the door and went back to the window. Robin hadn't known them that well beforehand, so she was just going off of what she had been told. "So T, those were the kids you babysat? Were you just like a really bad babysitter?"

"I was an amazing babysitter. They're just all idiots."

"So it runs in the family?" Robin looked over Tiffany and then at Cory. She didn't know about the whole lab thing. Robin just thought they were siblings. Cory gave her a sarcastic smile and Steve stuck up for his girlfriend. "Hey, I'm the dumb sexy one in the relationship. She's the smart sexy one."

"Hell yeah." They tried to high five, but they missed each other's hands and Robin shook her head and smiled. A few minutes later, the power in the whole mall went out. "The hell?"

"That's weird." Cory walked over to the light switch and started flicking it on and off, but it wasn't turning the lights back on. "That isn't gonna work, dingus."

"Oh, really?" Cory started flicking the light switch really quickly. After awhile of him doing that, all the lights finally turned back on. Cory smiled at her. "Let there be light."

Robin rolled her eyes and they went back to work. She momentarily looked behind her and saw a tear of blood run down Tiffany's face. "Holy shit! Tiffany, your eye!"

Tiffany touched just under her eye and she wiped the tear. Tiffany looked at her hand and saw blood on it. She had to come up with an excuse quickly. "It's fine. It's fine. Cory was making paper airplanes and he accidentally hit me in the eye with one. I just have a cut, it's fine."

Robin was relieved. She thought it was something serious. Robin looked over at Cory, who played along because he knew what Tiffany crying blood meant. "So, you play with paper airplanes like a child?"

"There's nothing wrong with being young at heart."

"There is when you play with paper airplanes." Cory rolled his eyes and they both went back to work. Meanwhile, in the back, Tiffany went into the bathroom to look at her eye in the mirror and Steve stood in the doorway. She cleaned the tiny bit of blood off her face. "I thought you said you weren't going to use your powers anymore?"

"I didn't. My eye just started bleeding."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I made a promise to myself I wouldn't. Plus, what would I even use them for right now?"

"Good point. It's kinda weird that you bled from your eye though."

"Yeah. I don't know what happened." Tiffany hadn't used her powers in about nine months. She didn't even know if she had the strength to do it anymore. The next day, they were still slinging ice cream. Tiffany and Cory were up front and Cory was trying to flirt with the girl he was serving. "Alrighty, one scoop of chocolate. That's a buck-twenty five. Anything else?"

The girls handed him the money and Cory noticed the girl's shirt. "Ooh, Purdue. Fancy."

"Yeah, I'm excited." The girl chuckled a little bit. Robin and Tiffany were watching with amusement. "Yeah, you know, I considered it, Purdue, but then I was like, you know what? I really think I need some real life experience, you know..."

The girls were looking at Cory weirdly. "Before I hit college, see what it feels like. Kinda like, uh, I don't know, see what it's like to earn a working man's wage, you know?" Cory grabbed the girl's change and sort of threw it at her. "Oh, I'm sorry. I think that's, like, really important."

"Yeah, totally."

"Yeah, anyway, this was, like, so fun. We should kind of like, you know, I don't know, maybe hang out this weekend or...I don't know. Maybe next weekend or..." The girls laughed a little bit. "Yeah, I'm busy."

"Oh, that's cool. I'm...I'm working here next weekend, so...the following weekend's better for me."

"No. I'm sorry, I can't." Cory nodded his head and there was a bit of silence. "Okay. Thanks."

They started walking away and Cory called back to them. "I...This is...my first day here." Cory sighed and turned around to see Robin make another tally mark under the 'You Suck' column. "And another one bites the dust. You are o for six, Popeye."

"Yeah, yeah. I can count." Tiffany then jumped in. "You know that means you suck."

"Yep, I can read, too."

"Since when?" Cory scoffed and rolled his eyes. Robin then jumped back in. "Why don't you just try telling the truth for once?"

"Oh, you mean that I couldn't even get into a community college and I was being silently pressured by my mom to get a job. I make three bucks an hour and I have no future. That truth?" Robin then spotted a group of girls walk into Scoops Ahoy. "Hey, twelve o'clock."

"Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Okay..." Cory slapped his face a few times and when the girls got close enough, he turned around and frightened them a bit. "Ahoy, ladies! Didn't see you there. Would you guys like to set sail on this ocean of flavour with me? I'll be your captain. I'm Cory Henderson."

The girls laughed a little. Tiffany nodded at Robin to put another tally under the 'You Suck' column and that's what she did. "Can I get you guys a little taste of the Cherries Jubilee? No? Anybody? Banana Boat? Four people, four spoons? Share it in both? Anybody? It's hot out there."

Tiffany then jumped in. "I can serve you." They told Tiffany what they wanted and she got their ice cream. Once they left, Cory looked over at Tiffany. "I had them! Why'd you steal my thunder?!"

"Your so called 'thunder' was starting the conversation with, 'Ahoy, ladies'!" Tiffany's eye started bleeding again and Cory handed her a tissue from the tissue box underneath the counter. "What?"

"Your eye." Tiffany wiped the blood away and Robin wasn't there anymore. "I thought you weren't using your...you know."

"I'm not. I don't know what's happening. It just started yesterday."

"That's weird." Tiffany nodded and threw out the tissue. Why were her eyes bleeding all of a sudden? She wasn't using her powers and that only happened when she uses her powers. Maybe it was a sign.

A/N

This is a very serious question...............who is your favourite spiderman? Tom, Toby or Andrew?