066.

A L I V E

cray z babe e by the driver era

if i were a phantom

STARCOURT MALL 1985

⸺CORY, Robin, Steve, Tiffany, Erica and Dustin were all in the Russian elevator. Everyone but Cory was asleep, but that wasn't too shocking. Ever since Cory was taken to the lab, he's been having trouble sleeping. Having the ability to infiltrate minds was more a curse since his own mind became so much stronger. Cory's found that he hadn't forgotten anything since he was cursed with these abilities.

Cory was subconsciously tapping his tattoo with his thumb. He looked at it with an expression of shame. He hated this tattoo, he hated this curse. Cory honestly hated himself. He hated having these abilities, he hated remembering every little moment of torture. He just hated everything.

Cory was the only kid at the lab who wasn't taken when he was a baby. He was friends with Tiffany since the day they were born, which was actually the same day. They've always liked to think they were truly meant to be twins since they had the same birthday and were the same age. Cory was taken to the lab when he was six because Dr. Brenner had somehow gotten information on Cory's school records, which were more than impressive. Cory's always been incredibly smart, he's just impulsive. Brenner saw this as an opportunity to create a much stronger weapon since Cory was already so much more advanced than every other kid there.

Cory looked up from his tattoo for just a second and all of a sudden, everyone else was gone. His family and his friends weren't in the elevator anymore. Only himself. He muttered under his breath, "What the hell?"

Cory got to his feet and circled around, trying to understand what was happening. He subconsciously began backing up until he hit the wall, but there was a problem with that. A claw like hand, one almost like a Demogorgan, somehow reached through the wall and grabbed Cory by the waist. He was pulled through the wall and almost a portal like hole until he was suddenly transported to the Upside Down.

In a matter of seconds, Cory had somehow been taken from a Russian elevator to the Upside Down. He didn't even have time to comprehend what was happening. He wasn't sure how, but Henry was in control. Henry wanted control of Tiffany and he couldn't do that when a human mind reader could take control of her mind. Henry needed to get rid of Cory, so his plan was to give Tiffany the sense of safety with her brother around so her mind would be vulnerable. Henry was going to trick everyone's minds into believing that Cory was right next to them, when in reality, he was trapped in the Upside Down. Henry did the exact same thing with another boy that was close with Tiffany. He too was trapped in the Upside Down.

Cory pushed himself to his feet since he had fallen onto his stomach. He brushed off his clothes and took in his surroundings with shock. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

All of a sudden, a loud screech caused Cory to flinch. He quickly turned around to find the sound and there, he was met with a Demogorgan running right at him. Thankfully, Cory was a very underestimated individual. He was by far the most in control and skilled kid in Hawkins lab, so he knew he was safe in this situation he saw as simple. Cory glared at the Demogorgan and infiltrated its mind. He made the monster stop running at him and just fall to the ground. His nose never bled, he never even broke a sweat.

Cory, however, was not safe for long. He looked up in the sky when he heard a loud screeching sound, much more high pitched than the Demogorgans. He flinched slightly and there, in the sky, Cory saw what looked like bats flying towards him. There was a whole swarm of them, it looked like a tsunami of darkness. Knowing he couldn't stop that large amount of living beings, Cory just cursed under his breath and began running the other way.

Cory had never actually been in the Upside Down himself fully, only for a split second. Steve, Dustin, Mike, Lucas and Eleven had also been there momentarily since Tiffany had used her powers a few years ago to allow them to travel faster. Although, this time, Cory was running through the Upside Down once again, but there wasn't a doorway to safety this time.

Cory sprinted as fast as he possibly could. His legs were taking him far and fast, but the bats were in the air, so they were moving much faster. Cory had finally reached some kind of shelter since he saw an old shed just a few meters away. He made his way over there and the bats began to swoop down. Just as Cory got into the shed, he was immediately startled by the sight of another person. Another alive and well person. However, Cory couldn't make out who it was immediately since as soon as they made eye contact, the bats began to swarm down onto the shed. They all hit the roof or the wall of the shed as Cory and this mystery person subconsciously hid their head in their hands and flinched at every thud.

When the bats finally flew by, Cory and this other person slowly looked up, still scared the building could get attacked. Cory's eyes went wide with shock and he couldn't formulate words. This was the very last person he expected to see in the Upside Down. Billy Hargrove.

A/N

i think this chapter was a little confusing, but that's okay. if you don't understand what's happening, just comment and i'll respond, but i tried my hardest to make this make sense.

sorry i disappeared for a few days, i was camping. i have a bunch of free time until my school starts up again, so i'll probably be able to get more chapters up soon. it takes a while to write and i'm not only doing this in my free time, so i'm sorry that it takes some time to get chapters out. i am trying my best though :]